The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gerleck

Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty
PostSubject: Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)   Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty12/12/2012, 23:13

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)

Unfortunately, I do not have any experience in World of Warcraft role-playing, but for a long time I was a member of SAMP community called LS-RP (Los Santos Role-Play). It is a server for San Andreas Multi-Player and it's considered for one the best role-playing place, although you have to really be into role-playing and sticking to IC almost all the time, otherwise you might get banned. I've been a member of several official factions (it's really hard to get into one) and I was quite a known member for my time. Like I said, I haven't even tried role-playing in WoW, but this seems really interesting.

2) Why do you want to join us?

I want to try new things. Recently I've decided to check the horde side (been in alliance since I bought WoW) and I've been rummaging through DB section of the forum and someone mentioned you guys so that's why I've decided to give it a go.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?

My own definition of role-play... Hmmm.. Well, I see role-play as opportunity to jump out of real life and actually be whoever you want to be (with limits, of course). Right now I couldn't think of any other way to describe role-play.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?

A good role-player has to be realistic, has to actually love role-playing and rarely goes OOC. A good role-player would never reject to 'role-play back' if someone else tries to interact with him. You can always expect detailed emotes and great source of scenarios. A good role-player has to role-play even minor things, not only when he's expected to role-play.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have

Not right now, no. Since I bought MoP, I've decided to try PvP side of WoW and been playing BGs and some arena. I am a former raider. Started in TBC casually, I don't even remember what raids I've done and I am not able to check that out since 2 of my accounts were hacked, and thank god I'm pretty safe with this one. I can remember that I had some BT runs, Gruul's Lair and maybe some more, but like I said it was really casual. In WotLK I was tanking as a paladin. Oh, forgot to say that I was playing as a resto druid in TBC. So in WotLK it was tanking with my paladin. Normally, did naxxramas and other raids. Cleared one wing of Ulduar and then made a break. In Cataclysm I did some heals with my shaman. Cleared Firelands and that's it. I didn't really have time to commit more. And right now, in MoP, I haven't planned to do any raids. PvE part of recent activities would include soloing old raids on my hunter for achievements. Nothing serious, I'm afraid.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these

Yes, I am. I'm very interested in joining RBG and arena groups, but unfortunately I've just started leveling my warlock and without heirlooms and other benefits of having a higher character and friends could slow me down. And I can only hope that warlock would suit my playstyle since I've leveled both a priest and hunter in MoP and I regret. Mostly regret leveling my priest since I really dislike mechanics, and for my hunter.. Well I feel that I don't have much to offer in RBGs apart from some burst now and then on one target. Disappointed how many bugs are there... Mainly trap bug and powershot and seems like blizzard doesn't even care, but I'm sick of being on bottom of the pile. Anyway, I decided to roll a caster and I've been struggling between mage and warlock but in the end decided to go with warlock. Simply because of the look and I'm more interested in learning warlock's lore than mage's. And this season, my highest rating was 1700, unfortunately, duo to having no stable partners in 2s. And I haven't got around to do any 3s or 5s. I've only done arena in TBC with my rogue, but I don't really remember much from it, I guess I didn't pay attention.

7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)

I made a thread in DB section of the forums and someone mentioned you. Then I whispered Sadok from 'Orcs of the Red Blade' and he told me that you were doing RBG and also role-playing.

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Gerleck, the Forsaken.

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Yes, I'm willing to do my best to fulfill your orders.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Well, I do not know much about my past life and I dislike talking about it. I accept what I am and I'm ready to use it in the best possible way. In the past few years I've started exploring the lands when time allows me, I plan to do a research on ancient artifacts, and to find a mentor who would guide me through the ways of the shadow magic. Once again, if time allows me, I'd like to raise my reputation all over the Horde (( Achievements and titles )), but we'll see how that goes. That would be it, in short.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
Shadow magic. I'm able to bring the demons from hell in order to squash our enemies. Although, it is a painful journey to specialize and bring out the most of it to the table.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
You would have to test me, since I have no plans of deserting the battlefield. Patience is the key, I assume. I would do any task you wish me to do. I am only looking for place where I could observe other warriors and perhaps learn a thing or two.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
Motivation for specialization in shadow arts and willingness to use it against our enemies.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Like stated before, it's a fine offer to improve the ways of dark magic, and to test my strength.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I have nothing to brag around on this one. But I'm willing to learn and improve. After all, I see myself as student.

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?

If they were truly my friends, I'd commit the rest of my life to save them.

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

Yes, fully.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!

Last edited by krcky on 13/12/2012, 11:22; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gerleck

PostSubject: Re: Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)   Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty12/12/2012, 23:16

(( I'm terribly sorry for the lack of details in IC section. I was never into WoW lore but since now, I'm more than interested to find out. It feels so weird not to know much about your own character, but if you can approve, I can set my background later once I get into the lore and horde. I was never a serious horde player, my highest horde character is around 30 and that was in TBC. Because of that, I, once again, beg you to take that noted since I am really interested in role-playing and learning things, lore-wise. Thank you. ))
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)   Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty13/12/2012, 01:18

The best way to learn about your character is to RP your character.

I knew nothing about WoW lore before I started RPing with the Marauders!

Its a fine app but can you answer this question please? Its an IC question, so just think of something! Its a good place to think of a bit of fluff to base your Forsaken on, not in too much detail, but... does he remember what he was before undeath? If if he does, is he likely to tell us? You've mentioned he sees himself as a student, so a hobby for him could be reading, studying, strange and ancient lore, etc etc etc.
Quote :
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

It just makes me twitch seeing the questionnaire incomplete! I get a bit OCD sometimes...

So, answer that question just to make me happy and then we'll sort you out an IC interview in game Smile
Back to top Go down
Gerleck

PostSubject: Re: Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)   Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty13/12/2012, 01:38

Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't skip that intentionally. I'll edit it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Gerleck

PostSubject: Re: Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)   Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty13/12/2012, 11:23

Edited the main post with an answer to third IC question.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to say something. I won't be available to play for a few days, starting tomorrow. I have to leave the city, butnext week I'll be back. I hope that's not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)   Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty13/12/2012, 11:29

Not a problem at all! Just contact us when you're back Smile
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)   Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty13/12/2012, 13:52

More souls for the circle! o/
Back to top Go down
Danroth

Danroth

PostSubject: Re: Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)   Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty13/12/2012, 14:43

Circle! Circle! There can never be enough walking corpses in the ranks.
Back to top Go down
Chryso

Chryso

PostSubject: Re: Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)   Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty13/12/2012, 15:20

Interviewed and recruited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)   Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock) Empty

Back to top Go down

Application - Gerleck (Undead Warlock)
Page 1 of 1