The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Application: Ahkman

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ahkman

Ahkman

Application: Ahkman Empty
PostSubject: Application: Ahkman   Application: Ahkman Empty20/4/2013, 23:00

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)

- I've been Rp'ing since I started playing WoW (it's release date). This character has previously been in the Cult of Shadow forsaken guild (same persona, different character) Plus I've owned a fair few Rp guilds myself within my time.

2) Why do you want to join us?

For a decent guild, with good rp and a solid background.
I'd rather not flatter you all too much ;P

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?

Becoming your character and acting them out on the stage that is Azeroth

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?

This is a very relative question. I think creativity has to be an important factor though.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have

Possibly in the future, I've raided in the past on my Mage. But that was Wotlk.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these

Nope, I have a naff laptop Razz

7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
Himo

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

I am Ahkman. Formerly the Human Rufus Runeweaver. I am a member of the forsaken.

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?

If I have too... Although prevention is usually a better option. After all, the best battles are over before they've already began. Planning my friend.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

For a long time I have studied the Arcane arts. I spent most of my life one of the head librarians in Lordaeron; but that's all i really remember in regards to that. I tried to create a weapon out of my daughter by reanimating her, this unfortunately backfired which lead me to exile myself. During my exile i meditation upon the shadow for guidance, to which the dark enlightenment has pushed me towards the Art of Shadow weaving and the Dark martial arts. Dedicating myself to the cold embrace of the shadow.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?

As I've already stated I trained extensively in the arcane arts in the past. Although I prefer to dismiss that training. These days and age I excel in the arts of shadow weaving. Using the darkness all around us and in the hearts of many to heal and conceal my allies, and to engulf and destroy my enemies. This mixed with my studies of the Dark Arts of Shadow combat, allow me to silently dispatch most threats.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?

My training to be where I am today should already prove the items above as a fabrication. But alas as most things these days trust only stretches as far as it is earnt. People of my persuasion tend to view trust as a weakness, rightly so too. But alas I'm sure you can cobble some thoughts together on what you think of me before my candle goes out.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?

Because the knowledge of a shadow weaver is something not often shared outside of the monastic forsaken circles. It brings a wisdom and knowledge not commonly associated with my kind. Which I can imagine would be an asset to any organisation.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?

Why not? I've died once before and came back from it alright. I'm sure I can take anything that's thrown at me.
I'm tired of the way forsaken society is run and I'd like a taste of something a bit different.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

Before my exile I was a high ranking Cultist in the forsaken group the Cult of Shadows. To which I've had many experiences in diplomatic situations with the trolls, elves and orcs. As well as offensive strikes on Stormwinds Cathedral District and battles with the Kingdom of Light. Since my exile though I've became a teacher and librarian civilian in the Kingdom of Lordaeron.

9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?

I care little for the dealings of Orcs. Only forsaken politics interest me, Hellscream is just an obstacle. Life is the river and we are the water, with enough time the water removes any obstacle.
Moral Question

10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.

Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.

Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.

As a shadow weaver I excel in Night time combat. With my ability to create images and illusions from Darkness, it would appear I would never have left (as long as they don't get close enough to see through it). So I would be able to do both technically. Either way, my priority lies with the Shadow, it'll guide me to the right choice regardless of the circumstance.

And Finally

11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

Sure why not.

EXTRA: Ahkmans Origins (not finished)

Part 1 - A Rude Awakening

Log entry 45 - Dear log, I'm beginning to feel quite strange. They say the grain’s tainted... I cannot believe it so; I think it's just a bad bug. I've been sent home to Duskwood at any rate, luckily we made it in good time and it only took two days to get here. Oh Log, I really hope I'm okay. My wife Wendy and daughter Jennifer are so worried about me. I've just told them I'll be fine, I just need to sleep it off. After all, I cannot lose my job as head librarian at Lordaeron. Ah well... you'll be my companion for now at least Log. I hope I get will soon. This is Rufus Runeweaver signing off.

The tattered remains of many abandoned log book pages now litter around the grave site. The plague hit here hard and fast, those who could flee fled, those who couldn’t were left to die. It is unknown how many have been laid here in unmarked graves or how many have been buried in the wrong place, all that is known is; the great dying of Raven hill was only the calm before the storm.
As the sun began to set over the now barren town of Raven hill, something wasn’t right, maybe it was the fact the giant spiders have stayed clear of the town? Maybe it was the fact the wolves weren’t scavenging the diseased flesh of the few which hadn’t been buried? Or maybe, just maybe, it happened to be the small pile of dirt in the cemetery which began to wriggle and shake, like an animal caught in a trap.
“meurgh-mffn-aegh” came howling from the dirt pile, its voice sounding like a bear caught in a blender. Then unexpectedly, it became silent. The eerie silence of a world that’s gone wrong, the twisted nether drawing in the last remaining signs of life in this place, but even that didn’t last very long.

The silence was broken as the earth began to rustle again, until a figure burst forth out of the soil one piece at a time. At first it was difficult to make out what it was that was arising, the shroud of rotting flesh, exposed bone and maggot infested orifices almost masked the fact this being use to be human. The creature opened its decaying jaw and let out a breath of dust and fungal spores, before a gravelly grumble came echoing out and rolled over the graveyard “Eugh... Where am I?”. The creature raised its long spindly arms and placed them firmly on its head, and with a swift almost fluid movement a large cracking sound was heard as it corrected the crick in its neck. “Who am I?” grumbled the creature, its necrotic voice piercing through the air around it with every word. Peering around no sign was to be seen of the creatures’ origin. It gravelly mumbled again “Who am I?” as it limply managed to drag itself along the tainted soil, eventually it stopped at a large tombstone. The tombstone read ‘The Ahkman Family’, after reading this the creature let out an almighty wheeze and another cloud of dust. “Ahkman... Yes... I must be Ahkman... Yes I am Ahkman...” The creatures cackling could be heard for miles away, as it tore the life out of all it touched. Regaining its posture Ahkman then sought to fumble its hands through the pockets of the now frayed garments it was wearing. Nothing of any importance, an old pocket watch, several writing quills and finally a crumbled up piece of paper which read “Log entry 45”.

Part 2 – A Flicker of Light

As the moonlight shone through the densely packed trees, the silence was broken once again by Ahkman letting out a large coughing wheeze. The howling wind had begun to settle now and the fog had begun to fall; the ground was now covered by a thick almost cloud like carpet. Hours had passed since the creature had risen from its grave, and finally more coherent thought was beginning to penetrate into the necrotic tissues of his brain. “What have I become?” he thought; looking down the dull glow of his eyes illuminated the bony and almost skinless claws which had replaced his soft fleshy hands. Still the memories of the past eluded him, “What was I?” he thought “Was I a hard working Farmer? Who toiled away at his crop day in day out to feed the hungry villagers? Was I a noble and wise Paladin? Raising my hammer to abolish those who would doubt the Light? Or was I a sly Thief? Stealing treasures and jewels for profit and personal gain?” but rather than dwell on this matter any longer Ahkman decided to push onwards. Walking was not the simplest of activities. Tenuous step after tenuous step commenced, each being potentially more hazardous than the last. “I should get to higher ground...” he thought, and so he set off towards the nearest hill. Within the bright light of the full moon the shuffling gait of Ahkman could easily be seen across the graveyard, pausing every so often to cough up another cloud of spores and dust. He eventually slinked out of the damned grounds; passing the collapsing gates of the cemetery boundary. “I seem to remember it should be this way” he growled, maggots dropping to the floor from the movement of his jaw.

Hours passed as he shuffled deeper and deeper into the forest, the light getting dimmer and dimmer, eventually only the dull glow of his luminous eyes were visible. The roots and vines in this part of the forest made traversing especially difficult; more often than not would Ahkman fall to the floor and end up having to flail his arms manically in order to free himself from a flurry of vines. “Blasted trees... I’ll see you all burn before too long” He grumbled in a low and gravelly voice. Pulling himself back up to the ground he continued shuffling through the darkness. Moments later one of his fungus encrusted feet got caught in the loop of an old oak tree root. He fell to the ground like a ton of stone, landing squarely on his front. He began to squirm frantically, unhooking his foot from the roots. His hands clenched into a fist, he began to growl lowly and deeply. The forest fell silent as the growl became louder and louder. Small clouds of smoke began to rise from the fists of his clenched claw like hands as the growl became deeper and more intense. Suddenly the hands started to glow a dull orange colour; which became brighter and brighter. The growl became more irate until words then became audible “DAMN! BLASTED! TREES!” Raising his glowing hands in the air he thrust them to the ground, the surrounding air catching fire as he did so. As the hands made contact with the earth a huge wave of fire burst forth from the epicentre. The flames shot like dancing lightning in every direction engulfing every vine, root and tree within the visual proximity. Not noticing, Ahkman was still clenching his fists and growling lowly, although it didn't take long for him to realise that suddenly the forest was a light. “Interesting” he muttered to himself, regaining his composure.
Smug with what he had done, he then muttered out a little laugh, which quickly grew into an almighty cackle; this thundered across the landscape. As the forest all around him became an inferno of destruction and ruin, it looked as though the vegetation shan’t be bothering Ahkman anymore.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Application: Ahkman   Application: Ahkman Empty20/4/2013, 23:17

Like it! We need more smelly corpses! Contact any Marauder for directions to an officer to sort out an IC interview
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Application: Ahkman   Application: Ahkman Empty21/4/2013, 02:23

Excellent, not-so-fresh meat for the circle!
Back to top Go down
Danroth

Danroth

PostSubject: Re: Application: Ahkman   Application: Ahkman Empty24/4/2013, 08:36

I dig this! Corpse corpse corpse!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Ahkman   Application: Ahkman Empty

Back to top Go down

Application: Ahkman
Page 1 of 1