The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mikno - Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tazer

Mikno - Application Empty
PostSubject: Mikno - Application   Mikno - Application Empty25/8/2014, 00:13

OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

(Q): Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
(A): I've only just gotten back into the game, after a 5 year break. As far as I can remember I've always played on RP servers and enjoyed the game mostly IC. My lore knowledge is a bit iffy, especially starting from the Cataclysm patch ( so basically almost everything ), but I'm reading up on some of it and should catch on quick.

(Q): Why do you want to join us?
(A): Having always enjoyed roleplaying in the game, I think this is what I missed most and what convinced me to come back to WoW. So I'm really looking for a guild that'll allow me to enjoy RP again and can hopefully forgive an RP'er who might be a bit rusty.

(Q): What is your own definition of roleplay?
(A): Coming up with a character that blends well with the surrounding atmosphere of the game, giving it a history and personality. Getting to know your own character through interaction with others.
Mostly I think it's just having fun, while giving the game that little bit extra by immersing yourself more into the setting, rather than simply enjoying the gameplay.

(Q): What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
(A): I think a good roleplayer should have the ability to emphatize with other players, to allow them to experience their characters in a way they enjoy and not simply always pushing a story in a direction you would like or which would be beneficial for your character.

(Q): Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have.
(A): I've never really gotten into raiding before, but should the opportunity arise I would definitely like to give it a go. (My characters aren't at the appropriate lvl for raiding yet, but should be soon(ish).)

(Q): Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
(A): Definitely interested in PvP. Used to spend a lot of time in battlegrounds, though this was 5 years ago, so I doubt this actually counts as experience.

(Q): How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
(A): Saw a message ingame.

IN CHARACTER (Meaning it's a dialog)
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

(Q): Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
(A): I'm Mikno Sunweaver, Tauren.

(Q): Why do you wish to join the warband?
(A): The warchief has me running around Kalimdor trying to make sense of all that's happened, fixing problems along the way. I've seen a lot of injustice and have been blessed to've been able to help some members of the Horde. However the injustices done to our people are to great and I am not strong enough to make a meaningful difference on my own, that is why I want, need, to join the warband. To be able to truely make a difference.

(Q): While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
(A): Fighthing for the Horde is my reason for wanting to join, so I will fight and die for the Horde and the warband.

(Q): Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
(A): Though my history is far from spectacular or interesting, I feel it a bit too personal to share on this occasion, I hope you don't mind. I've always been at unrest with myself, my training does help, but there are days when I doubt I am on the right path. Aw well, what is not broken can not be fixed. I have quite a while to go in my training after all.
(Q): We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
(A): I've been studying the Fierce Tiger Style as taught by Master Xuen in Pandaria, though far from an expert, my tiger is quite lethal.

(Q): We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
(A): I will not aim to prove, but aim to be. While I do not consider these as personal traits, I'm sure I have much to learn.

The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed. Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defenses, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short...

(Q): Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
(A): Being an impossible choice, I think I'd make the one I might be able to live with. I'd attempt to save my friends, hoping they'd be willing and able to return to the city in time to aid against the Alliance.
Back to top Go down
tarakjin
Warcaller
tarakjin

Mikno - Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mikno - Application   Mikno - Application Empty25/8/2014, 19:39

Hey, the application looks good, contact any marauder in-game and they will direct you to someone who will take you through a short IC interview.
Back to top Go down

Mikno - Application
Page 1 of 1