The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Runebrand - Application!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Runebrand

Runebrand - Application! Empty
PostSubject: Runebrand - Application!   Runebrand - Application! Empty20/4/2014, 16:08

OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

(Q): Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
(A): I've done organized Forsaken-style roleplay on the Sha'tar server many years ago now, and casual roleplay on Argent Dawn more recently, albeit not with frequency. New to Defias however! My actual roleplaying experience mostly stems from an old game called Neverwinter Nights 1 and its expansions, that had some stellar quality online roleplaying servers, on which I spent four or so years playing on and off. So, my roleplaying experience in total might span 6 or 7 years, but not consistently.

(Q): Why do you want to join us?
(A): I'm a story-driven PvP player at heart, I suppose would be the best way to phrase it. Its difficult to find a balance between those two in a WoW enviroment sadly, seeing as PvPers and RPers tend to grow apart. That aside however, what makes me truly enjoy this game is Community, being able to log on, greet people, talk, perhaps help someone out, and in general to just interact with people in a relaxed enviroment, no matter the current occupation. That kind of atmosphere makes everything enjoyable, and from what I've seen on my brief time at Defias, your Warband seems to have it!

(Q): What is your own definition of roleplay?
(A): Creativity. Telling or contributing to a story that involves more than one, or sometimes even more than a few people. In simple terms, just seeing the various brands of creativity that people bring to the table, towards a common story-driven cause.

(Q): What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
(A): That is a very interesting question, to be honest. Thoughtfulness, I'd say. Being able to spot and consider what different people could contribute to a story.

(Q): Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have.
(A): Raid as in PvE, PvP, or roleplayed manouvers? If so, yes, I'd gladly contribute to any venture really, given that I'm avalible. As I said earlier, I love any project involving a good Community. Smile

(Q): Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
(A): YES, definately! PvP is something that I've always had a fascination for on this game, and something that I love to tamper and experiment with. I was never much of a rating-driven player, but moreso one who seeks to explore the possibilities that various tactics or approaches yield. Wether or not I end up on higher or lower ratings, I usually leave to the preference of my teammates at the time, however I'd atleast like to think that I've the capabilities to achieve and enjoy both, now, past and future. Anything that I achieve together with friends, I'm content with. Smile I first started PvPing on WoW in 2005, but at that point at a very novice level, initiating a gradual improvement process since.

(Q): How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
(A): Since moving to Defias in the search of a story-respecting PvP enviroment, I've exclusively had poor experiences to be honest, and the one guild I applied for prior to this, ended up being one with no communication or interaction beyond or even inside battlegrounds or other endeavors whatsoever, which I left after just three days. Then I saw your /2 recruitment message, and had a very pleasant aswell as helpful conversation with mr. or miss Rhazza(apologies, not sure which prefix is correct xP), and ended up making this application.

IN CHARACTER (Meaning it's a dialog)
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

(Q): Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
(A): "Oh my, ofcourse. Introductions. Clopin Aldensworth Runebrand, of the Queen's Forsaken. A 'pleasure' to make your aquaintance, surely."

(Q): Why do you wish to join the warband?
(A): "Purpose, with a sprinkle of curiosity. These are quite disorganized times afterall, what-with rebellions left and right, not to mention Dalaran's marvelously shortsighted acts of idiocy. Being the... proud Forsaken, and thusly enthusiastic supporter of the Horde that I am, 'tis only my duty to seek an organized unit, in which to contribute towards the extinction of breathing humans, elves and their allies. How else are we to ensure dominance for Lordae--... The Horde!"

(Q): While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
(A): "To be fair, every day already requires me to fight, battles of the body, the arcane, even the mind... To necessary doses of applied force, I am no stranger, despite my profession as arcanist. Performing such with dedicated purpose? Even better."

(Q): Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
(A): "Curious question to ask a dead man. I am a battle-magus, currently serving under Queen Windrunner. Although I do admittedly enjoy handling herbs, or reading the ocassional gripping book in my more peaceful moments."

(Q): We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
(A): "As stated prior, I carry the title of Battle-Magus, not that it matters much anymore, which at one point implied the completion of a lengthy course held in Dalaran, involving both theoretical and practical usage of tactically applied magic upon a battlefield, and the handling of any form of close-combat situation, with as minor sustained damages upon the unit in which one happens to be stationed as possible. Also, I wear exclusively purple. I'd like to think that makes me unique."

(Q): We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
(A): "Intuition. The Forsaken are not feared on the battlefield for our brawn, but our resourcefulness. Time and time again we prove to those that oppose us, that we can turn any misfortune tenfold around. While our honor as a whole is debatable, I'll give you that, our will of advancement is unbreakable. I will not flee a challenge."

The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed. Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defenses, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short...

(Q): Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
(A): "Aren't those two alternatives the same thing? If I'm choosing between the survival of a city, and my friends, logic would say I prioritize the city. But, if I have to choose one, I'd suppose the second, I'd rather try to perform the deed successfully under the cover of darkness."
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: Runebrand - Application!   Runebrand - Application! Empty20/4/2014, 16:28

Very nice!

I have to say, I love this line: "Also, I wear exclusively purple. I'd like to think that makes me unique."

Seek out an officer in-game for an IC interview Smile
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: Runebrand - Application!   Runebrand - Application! Empty20/4/2014, 18:26

Interviewed and invited. Someone sort out forum access? Smile
Back to top Go down
Shriukan
Warcaller
Shriukan

PostSubject: Re: Runebrand - Application!   Runebrand - Application! Empty20/4/2014, 18:40

Forum access granted. Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Runebrand - Application!   Runebrand - Application! Empty

Back to top Go down

Runebrand - Application!
Page 1 of 1