The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Callistara's Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Callistara

Callistara's Application Empty
PostSubject: Callistara's Application   Callistara's Application Empty6/1/2014, 06:43

OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

(Q): Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
(A): My roleplaying experience with MMO's is not very extensive but I have participated in RP in Warhammer Online (Chaos Magus), SWTOR (Sith Inquisitor) and more recently in WoW on Moonguard (Worgen Warlock). I grew up immersed in tabletop gaming, like Dungeons and Dragons, which is the bulk of my RP background.

(Q): Why do you want to join us?
(A): I'm new to EU, and a friend convinced me to play with him on Outland. Unfortunately he is unable to play for the foreseeable future and that kind of fizzled. Before joining Outland, I didn't know how overpopulated and Alliance dominated it was. Dissatisfied, I transferred to Defias Brotherhood. After some research I saw Shatterskull Marauders recommended repeatedly and decided to apply. I would like to meet new people, try my hand at PvP, and learn more about roleplaying.

(Q): What is your own definition of roleplay?
(A): Participatory storytelling. People creating narratives organically or through structured planning and organization of events, or some mix of the two.

(Q): What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
(A): My background in tabletop roleplaying will make it easier for me to adapt to roleplaying in an MMO setting (I was typically a very casual roleplayer or observer in previous experiences). I'm eager to learn, though I may take a while to warm up and figure things out.

(Q): Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have.
(A): I'd be happy to help with raiding once I get decently geared. Callistara is a fresh 90, and the first once I've made in EU, which means that I don't have the support of my previous accomplishments in NA. I was never a hardcore raider, but I've been playing since late Vanilla, and began raiding in BC with raids like Karazhan. I have also raided in other MMOs, particularly SWTOR. I am willing to learn the fights and work on optimizing my build/performance if I commit to raiding.

(Q): Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
(A): I enjoy PvP, but have never played Rated Battlegrounds, as they became popular while I was between subscriptions, and I have only dabbled in Arena. Despite this, I've been playing PvP casually for long enough that I feel comfortable with the gameplay and tactical elements. I'm a huge League of Legends fan, reaching Platinum 1 this past season. While it's not an MMO, I feel that many of the same decision making skills and awareness of positioning from LoL can be applied to WoW.

(Q): How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
(A): The DB subforum of the main Blizzard WoW forum.

IN CHARACTER (Meaning it's a dialog)
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

(Q): Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
(A): I am Callistara of the Forsaken, formerly a freelance mercenary operating in Lordaeron.

(Q): Why do you wish to join the warband?
(A): After taking revenge on Arthas in the name of Our Dark Lady, the Forsaken lacked direction and turned to rebuilding. Besides dealing with Worgen mutts from time to time it was quiet in the homelands. Garrosh may have been a reckless fool, but I admired his aggression - and the demand he created for mercenaries to fight the reinvigorated war against the Alliance. I pledged my daggers to his cause. After he was consumed by the Sha and his own instability, I found myself unemployed. Now I seek to join the Shatterskull Marauders for a sense of kinship. While being a freelance mercenary had it's perks, it lacked structure and consistency. With a band of brothers and sisters at my side, I feel that we could carve a bloody path through all who would oppose us.

(Q): While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
(A): I died once. It didn't stick. I do not fear battle.

(Q): Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
(A): Being reborn into undeath is not gentle on the mind. The life I led prior to rising is faded and forgotten, but that gave me a chance to redefine myself. While I may work towards learning the truth of that past, it is not a priority. I am a soldier of fortune, first and foremost. I can trust my abilities, the sureness of my blades, and the thrill of killing. Though, I suppose I also enjoy a good book now and then. It's surprising how much literature you come across while picking pockets.

(Q): We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
(A): I must have been a bandit in my past life, or a scout, as my talents lie in roaming ahead without being detected. I enjoy stalking prey, isolating the weak, and the rush of a fresh kill. While subtlety plays to my strengths, I can appreciate the gleeful carnage found at the front-lines.

(Q): We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
(A): "Honor among thieves" gets thrown around a lot, but it's a figure of speech for a reason. My success hinges on being trusted by both my employer and my comrades. I vow to follow orders with ruthless efficiency and to work for the betterment of our cause, even if doing so would endanger myself.

The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed. Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defenses, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short...

(Q): Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
(A): Leaving your post is a grievous offense, and a costly one. While my loyalty to my friends would compel me to help them, I cannot allow personal feelings to compromise my duty. If these comrades are invaluable to the Marauders, then I would need to prioritize their lives over that of the Horde city - unless doing so would compromise our standing in the eyes of our employer. I would stay at my post. We are paid to defend that city and that is what I must do. We need to trust that our friends are resourceful enough to help themselves in a situation such as this.
Back to top Go down
Darilas

Darilas

Callistara's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Callistara's Application   Callistara's Application Empty10/1/2014, 10:37

I am sorry it took a while to respond. Your application looks good. Please poke any marauder ingame to arrange an IC interview with one of the officers.
Back to top Go down

Callistara's Application
Page 1 of 1