The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Application] Pheng Xu!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PHeng

[Application] Pheng Xu! Empty
PostSubject: [Application] Pheng Xu!   [Application] Pheng Xu! Empty2/6/2013, 13:05

OUT OF CHARACTER

As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)

Hurr! Uhm.. My RP experience has been scarce on WoW so far but to be fair I haven't played much or seriously looked for any. I met a couple of Tauren on my way and RP-asked them if they were willing to assist me with a task, which was a quest I found earlier, it was pretty fun! Anyways beside WoW my first RP encounter was in LotRO when I had no actual knowledge that I had come across a RP-server but I'm soooo glad that I made that mistake because it made me look at MMORPG in a totally new perspective. A MUCH BETTER PERSPECTIVE! I've only recently begun playing WoW after my brother-in-law introduced me and literally forced me to play it. Thank god he did!

I won't say in any way that I am a expert RPER but I have some general things in tact like grammar (Not much but I try to keep it pleasant for the eyes), knowledge of IC + OOC, metagaming, power-moding/god-moding and so forth. So I hope I won't cause a nuisance :>

2) Why do you want to join us?

Found the guild on the WoW forums immeditately contacted a member/officer Sarnath I think it was? I don't remember. She helped out a HUGE deal. Told me about the guild and generally gave me the idea that this was the guild to be in! Wooh!
[
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?

I think my definition is role-play should always be in a MMORPG. It's definitely a feature that you shouldn't miss out on. When you're done with BG, Dungeoneering, Raids or whatever it's always good to know you can always run into a inn or something to have some good 'ole role-play because like I said it's something that should never be left out in a MMORPG! It's fantastic to see characters interact with each other and have the possibility to make a impact on him and maybe the surroundings by your action by either starting a war, eating, dancing or anything really!

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?

It isn't grammar, for one. Although it's awesome to have some grammar to use in RP. But I believe what makes a good role-player is a person that has a big imagination and is willing to interact with anyone despite their knowledge of lore or grammar because that's what a role-player is he isn't a guy who should only interact with a certain group but also be able to teach new-comers and to have fun with them regardless of their ridicilous choice of wear or anything that isn't considered role-play like just as long as that new person is willing to learn a experienced role-player should never discard him.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have

Yes but no experience. Good news is I'm definitely not the idiot that stays in the fire! Hehe and I am willing to learn!

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these

Yes but my pvp experience so far in WoW has been that stats mean a lot. Having Heirloom gear basically guarantees you a MVP status or at least top 5 of the ranking board because I literally get 2-shotted by a palading wearing said gear it's kinda demoralizing after I worked so hard for my dungeon gear! Sad

7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)

Forum and in-game!

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

I am a Pandaren. My name is Pheng Xu, of the Huojin clan and I am willing to act for the good of the Horde!

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?

As a member of the Huojin our nature is to always act and that there is no shame to defend what you love, believe or your home regardless of cost. I am always willing to lend a hand to the cause I find just and that is the HORDE!

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

There's not much I say about myself to strangers, not to say I won't be willing to meet you all but what I can say is that I'm one of the lucky few that have gained that honor and prestige to move from my homeland to aid the world's problem; and to aid the Horde in their goals to make a better world. A free world. Even if that means to fight then so be it. A good many of my brothers and sisters have sided with the Alliance and that is a mistake I cannot and will not let pass. They chose death instead of freedom and for what? A world of imprisonment!

With my thirst for justice aside I am a avid fisherman, cook, and a experienced brew-maker! Just try me. If you ever find yourself in a Inn with formidable drinks.. I'll be there! I'm pondering about putting up a shop in the outskirts of the Barrens, maybe in the Crossroads? I hear business goes well there and I am certain pandaren cooking is always welcomed!

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?

I am a Pandaren. A monk, a honorary member of the Huojin and therefore have gained the right to leave my homeland in order to assist the Horde in their problems. I've gone through a lot of training, especially hard ones and some I even had to go through without eating for too many hours! It was a pain, I tell you! No Pandaren should go through that but luckily it wasn't for nothing. I consider myself a capable and worthy ally but also a greater foe! I am willing to everything for the greater good and the betterment of the Horde.. Even at the cost of my life!

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?

Cowardice, disobedience or lack of strength are the contrary of what Huojin clanmembers believe in and as so these actions are unknown to me!

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?

As well as assist in our endavours through means of combat I can also brave myself to offer food, drinks and also the best dancing your eyes have feasted on! Like I've stated so many times before I want you to know that I, Pheng Xu, am willing to give everything for your cause.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?

One of the first stories I've heard so far in the streets of Ogrimmar are the actions of this Warband and their continous rebellion against the Warchief Garrosh. A dictator he is and bloodthirsty for all the wrong reason, I say! He is leading the Horde to a direction of unnecessary bloodshed and chaos. It will be my honor to fight for the side that is willing to take him off the seat of power. Such leadership in my homeland never last long.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

I've lived a peaceful life for many a times. My war-experience is lacking yet I find myself craving it for some reason maybe it is due to the injustice of the Alliance or the so many wrong doings that have been focused on the Horde. Regardless, I am willing to aid and learn to fight as this warband decrees.

9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?

Yes. With every ounce of my strength!

Moral Question

10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.

Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.

Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.

Friends are the epitome of life. I could not and will not see them die without taking action to save them. To leave a friend behind is the greatest dishonor you can bestow upon yourself, and such dishonor will never be granted on me without my body lying dead on the floor!

And Finally

11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

I follow at your every call.

"WE BRING PANDAMONIUM!"
[Application] Pheng Xu! Th_pandaren
[Application] Pheng Xu! Warcraft_Pandaren_Monk ~ Pheng Xu
Back to top Go down
Himo
Chieftain
Himo

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Pheng Xu!   [Application] Pheng Xu! Empty2/6/2013, 22:14

thanks for the application, poke an officer in game for an interview
Back to top Go down
Gor'Thrak

Gor'Thrak

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Pheng Xu!   [Application] Pheng Xu! Empty3/6/2013, 23:34

Closing this as he left the guild shortly after joining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Pheng Xu!   [Application] Pheng Xu! Empty

Back to top Go down

[Application] Pheng Xu!
Page 1 of 1