The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gnivik - Application

Go down 
+2
Gor'Thrak
Gnivik
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gnivik

Gnivik - Application Empty
PostSubject: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty17/2/2013, 01:08

OUT OF CHARACTER

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!) I have a lot of Roleplay experience, I have been doing it in World of Warcraft for around 3-4 years (can't quite remember when I started). I have been part of the Cult of Shadow and the KorKron Vanguard (when it was still around), this was before my race change and under the name "Gnivil"

2) Why do you want to join us? I want to join you because I really like the idea of the guild and think it would be perfect for my character (since my race change at least)

3) What is your own definition of roleplay? Taking the role of a character that is not yourself.

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer? I believe it would be arrogant of me to say "I'm a good roleplayer", I have a lot of experience, but there is still room for improvement, I know my lore well, and I've never been called a "loller" (at least not since I first started RP), but I don't think it's for me to say that I'm a good RPer.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have I would very much like to raid with you guys, but I haven't got much experience at all outside of the raid finder, still, you've always got to start somewhere, I guess.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these I've done a few arenas, haven't won all that many of them (I'd say 4:1 win:loss ratio), though that is mostly due to me barely dipping into it and so not having the best gear. I haven't done any rated BGs, I'd be interested in doing these with you guys, but I'd prefer raiding.

7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc) I've RPd with you guys a few times, back when I used to hang out in Ratchet, also I think we did a bit of RP-PvP when I was with the cult.

IN CHARACTER

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from. Me name Gnivik, me magic ogre.

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband? Of course! Me little people of Alliance, especially the blue squid-faces who ruined our home-land!

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything. Before blue skins ruined our land, me used to adventure and explore mushroom land and the other places. When they ruined it and half-ogress told us what blue skins had done, me gladly smashed them all! Then me was chosen to become magic ogre! Me still went on adventures, but me stuck with my Stonemaul Clan. When me got back to homeworld... *Gnivik has tears welling up in his eyes* TENTACLE FACES HAD RUINED IT WORSE! *Gnivik goes into a rage* They blew it up! And people tried to trick me, to say it was ORCS, but me know better, me SAW Blue skins slaving half=ogres to blow up homeworld more! So, me thinks we share hatred for tentacle faces and the rest of their... Alliance.

((OOC: Half-ogres are what Gnivik calls orcs))

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat? When me saw what tentacle faces did to homeworld, me learned how to use me magic to suck in other magic, this was firstly to heal homeworld, but me use suck-in power to fight.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period? Me would like to kill Alliance, me would even more like to kill blue tentacle faces.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband? Me good at what I do, and me hate blue skins and their friends.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband? Because we both hate blue skins with their blue banner friends!

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role. Me killed draenei on homeworld, pale skins when we came here... *Gnivik thinks for a moment* Me... Oh, me go on adventures, and me killed dead people!

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?

First, me rescue friends, and burn all blue banners there. Then we go to Brackenwall!

((OOC: Blue banners are what Gnivik calls Alliance))

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced. Me can do what me told. But me would no like it if it meant to blue banners died, even more if no blue skins died.

Last edited by Gnivik on 17/2/2013, 14:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gor'Thrak

Gor'Thrak

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty17/2/2013, 03:29

Please fill in the "In Character" part of your application as if it was your character speaking. Smile
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty17/2/2013, 11:59

Gnivik wrote:
My OOC race is an orc, but I RP as an ogre-mage (I have enlargement potions and a hood)
You might encounter some resistance to this idea. Traditionally, Ogre mages are always two-headed and are blue or purple of skin, something you can't mirror using an orc model.

However, times have changed and I can't recall if there are one-headed brown ogre mages in wow or not. You might want to scavenge the internet for some examples to silence the non-believers, may you encounter some in role-play. There are a lot of players out there that will go on a crusade against you for playing something that could be remotely considered as breaking with common warcraft lore.

Just a little tip. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gnivik

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty17/2/2013, 14:29

erwtenpeller wrote:
Gnivik wrote:
My OOC race is an orc, but I RP as an ogre-mage (I have enlargement potions and a hood)
You might encounter some resistance to this idea. Traditionally, Ogre mages are always two-headed and are blue or purple of skin, something you can't mirror using an orc model.

However, times have changed and I can't recall if there are one-headed brown ogre mages in wow or not. You might want to scavenge the internet for some examples to silence the non-believers, may you encounter some in role-play. There are a lot of players out there that will go on a crusade against you for playing something that could be remotely considered as breaking with common warcraft lore.

Just a little tip. Wink
Not true, not all ogre mages are two headed, some are, but not all, there are one headed ogre mages now.
Edit: Just to clarify, nearly all in game ogre magi have two heads (because Blizzard is lazy), but in the lore having two heads has pretty much no effect on whether an ogre is a mage or not, you get two headed brutes and one headed mages.

Also edited in IC bit.
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty17/2/2013, 15:06

Haha, the IC bit looks great. Can't wait to meet this guy!
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty17/2/2013, 16:22

Us officers will need to discuss this and get back to you. Its an interesting character concept but I'm not 100% sure that a) we would recruit an ogre IC and b) whether we'd be comfortable OOC having such a deviation from the norm.

This isn't a flat-out no but we will need to have a think about this.
Back to top Go down
Hikka
Warcaller
Hikka

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty17/2/2013, 16:37

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Gnivik

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty17/2/2013, 18:17

Sure, I understand, though just to clarify my character is a Stonemaul, who are just as much a part of the Horde as the Undead or goblins.
Back to top Go down
Himo
Chieftain
Himo

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty17/2/2013, 19:45

From what ive read in the books, two headed ogres were rare and often were smarter and more intelligent than the rest until I think the ogre mage that attacked silvermoon forced more to become smarter from what I can remember and its abit iffy as it was about 2years ago.
I wouldn't worry too much about it however with how blizz has thrown one headed and two headed mage ogres about all over the place in mixtures in game.
Back to top Go down
Gnivik

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty18/2/2013, 15:47

For proof on the one headed ogre mages thing:
Gnivik - Application WoWScrnShot_021713_174413
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty18/2/2013, 22:38

Hello Gnivik,

We've discussed this amongst ourselves and we will unfortunately be declining your application. This has no bearing on the quality of your app, as it is a very fine app indeed. Your lore for your character is also well justified and written.
The problem is simply that we don't feel that the OOC aspects of recruiting an ogre are worth it, for you or us. The fact that the orc model looks absolutely nothing like an ogre is a big factor in our decision. If you were to write a new character who was the race the model showed we would of course reconsider our decision.

I'll be locking this thread so if you want to discuss this further in private please feel free to PM me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gnivik - Application   Gnivik - Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Gnivik - Application
Page 1 of 1