The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunglong application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunglong

Hunglong application Empty
PostSubject: Hunglong application   Hunglong application Empty10/1/2013, 23:56

OUT OF CHARACTER

As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)

I haven't rolled played much in the past but it has always been something I have really wanted to do. I have played WOW since the beta days and i feel that a game with so much lore around it should only be played in RP format.

2) Why do you want to join us?

I have been asking around the server and I have had multiple recommendations to join this guild as it is a good guild for RP and I heard the members take it very seriously which is what I would like to do.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?

Roll playing is emerging yourself into the content of the game, analysing your surroundings, the current goings on in the game, the class and the race you have chosen and to really play along with it as to get the best experience from the game. Not only that but as i mentioned previously WOW lore is so interesting, cool and extensive that i really enjoy getting involved in it.

4) What do you think makes a good role-player?

Someone who knows the basic lore or the game, the back group of their class and race and can roll with it in a fun and effective way.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have

I have done raiding since classic WOW and have a lot of experience doing it. It's a lot of fun and great if you win something you were after too Wink

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these

I often sue up for battle grounds as I enjoy PVP very much but its not my favourite thing to do it WOW.

7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)

Recommendation from other players in the server Smile

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

I am Hunglong. A Pandaren Monk who has travelled far in to Azeroth from Pandaria after given the opportunity to follow my mentor and good friend Ji Firepaw. All Pandarens are natural born travellers at heart and when I was given this opportunity, i thought my self a fool to turn it down. Although a great sadness strikes my heart when I think that my people have been torn asunder in to two factions, the horde and the alliance, i feel that although what has happened to my people is a great shame, there is also much opportunity and fortune to be found from this. Eventually though, I believe that the petty dispute over factions will be forfeit, as a greater threat looms over this world, of what this threat is yet, that I do not know but what I do know is it is important to be ready to protect our world at what ever cost. That is why i left the mists, in search of truth and answers...

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?

My time in Azeroth has been a strange experience and i have seen and experienced things that I thought only legend and myth that were told amongst legends and stories of old by the village elders and although a little frightening and intimidating at times, i have found myself to become loyal and servant to the horde as it is the rugged practicality, pure strength and sense of true honour that keeps me here and that i find most relevant to my teachings in my many years training to perfect the ways on the monk. I believe taking acting when required is the greatest and most noble sacrifice and I am prepared to fight for the horde and fight along side my new brothers and sisters for the honour on the war band! Although my new brothers and sisters are, to say the least, unusual in appearance and customs, I feel that we can stand together strong and fight to preserve the honour that the misfit races of the horde truly deserve.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

Myself? Not much to tell really. I am a simple Pandaren. I grew up in a small village in the jade forest. I had the great fortune of being raised by my entire family. My Mother was a cook who could conjure up delightful and amazing food, it is through her ( i'm sure any Pandaren would say the same) that I have come to love food and occasionally cooking myself. I believe eating well is important to keep a balance and keep your self at one with yourself with health and happiness. My father was an explorer. He was rather rebellious in his youth, ignoring the encouragement from his father, my grandfather, the great Grand Master of the Huojin order of Monks. My father pursued his dreams of travelling the lands. He would sometimes leave on his adventure and be gone for weeks even days! And return with strange artefacts and stories as trophies from his travel. He would often tell me many stories of the things he had encountered in his adventures. It is through him that I first heard of Azeroth and the strange things that happen here. It is through him i give much thanks as it is where i find my lust for adventure and travel and although my father did not follow the way of the monk it was through him i found much encouragement and inspiration to lead a life of adventure. I enrolled into master Shang Xi's monastery when I was a young child through the encouragement and example of my grandfather. It is since then that I have been training to become a Monk and master to the ways of my destiny. I drive to be the best. No matter what the cost. Of that i am certain...

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?

I have trained for many years in the way of the monk. Where as most of the races of Azeroth fight using weapons and magic, it is through the secret and sacred ways known only by the Pandaren that I have come to learn the ways of fighting using only my bare hands. The way of the monk is to use and utilise all of the advantages of the body and to expose and take advantage of all of the weaknesses of the opponent. On the battle field, the monk may seem unprepared and foolish in the eyes of an Azeroth warrior, they will soon come to realise that they are no match for the speed and guile of the monk.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?

During my many years of training i have spent much time learning the ways of stern, patience and strength. It is in my right and personal beliefs alone that you will know the true worthiness of my intuition and i hope that in time I can become a trusted and loyal member and friend of the war band.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the war band?

I can overcome any obstacle and I am true to my cause. I am a true and loyal warrior. I fight with a code and discipline that I have learned through my many years of training.

7) Why do you wish to join the war band?

Although the thirst for adventure burns in my blood, i find myself alone and destitute in this world. Being part of the horde doesn't give me gratification solely. I feel as though I must mind a common ground with like minded warriors of the horde, i have a longing to belong, to provide, to serve and to give and take example to and from others. It is hard to find trust being a new comer in the horde amongst the other races. i would also like to use this opportunity to get to know and under stand the other races of the horse so that they might get to know me and so I can belong and serve as best I can.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

In my younger days I led a band similar to the war band in which i wish to join. We were a loyal group of adventurers who would often go into dungeons in search of treasure and good fortune. Although dangerous, i always managed to keep my allies safe while they fought along side me and when the time called for it i have even been known to deal damage myself and heal the wounded. Now I mainly focus on attacking and dealing damage to my enemies but when the time calls for it my old experiences never fail me...

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?

Although my mind would tell me that I must go to the city to defend my home land, my heart would tell me that the only way i could live with my actions and be at one is to go and save my friends. Friends are few but the forces of the horde are many. I am sure they can hold out until My friends and I return.

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

Respect and discipline are all I have ever know. I would serve my new band of brothers with respect and honour and hope that in time I could earn such respect and trust for myself.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Hunglong application   Hunglong application Empty11/1/2013, 00:29

I really like this application!

Contact any Marauder for directions for an officer so we can set up your in-character interview!
Back to top Go down
Hunglong

PostSubject: Re: Hunglong application   Hunglong application Empty11/1/2013, 00:32

Thanks Smile i'll do it now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunglong application   Hunglong application Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunglong application
Page 1 of 1