The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Application Tauresaurus Earthborn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tauresaurus

Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty
PostSubject: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty30/11/2012, 16:18

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

My name is Tauresaurus Earthborn. I am a proud Tauren.

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?

My only allegiance lies with the Horde. When the Horn of the Horde calls me to battle I will gladly accept.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

My father was a biologist who studied dinosaurs throughout Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Because of his profession we lived in a small home in Un' goro Crater. I grew up in and with the nature around me. My mother thought me how to use herbs to make potions. Which herbs to use when you had a certain illness.
When I was old enough my father took me with him when he went exploring. My father told me all about the animals we saw. Raptors, eagles, bears, cats,...
One day we stumbled upon a pack of breeding raptors. My father was busy writing in his notebook when I saw a raptor egg that rolled away from a nearby nest. Whithout my father noticing I grabbed it to study it at home.
Later that evening the raptors came back for the egg. My father tried to defend us from the raptors but there we're too many. I went to my room to get the egg but it was too late. When I came back my parents had vanished. I returned the egg and the raptors left.
From that moment I had to survive on my own. I wondered around from cavern to cavern and tried to survive on the knowledge of my parents.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?

I am a restoration/ guardian druid. When I am challenged by the alliance I choose to heal my brethren in battle to gain the upper hand. However when I face a boss with my guild I choose to the position of tank.
I have also trained myself in the ways of Alchemy, Herbalism, Cooking and Fishing and can provide guildmembers with ingridiƫnts.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?

Whenever someone calls for a party to hit some battleground I will help out wherever I can. As well as joining I also like to call out to make a party whenever I feel like killing some allies.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?

I can provide the guild with usefull goods. I have some experience to share with the guild and I am eager to learn where I lack intelligence.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?

I have never been in a RP guild. However I have been a lot of other guilds. Some of them helped and replied on questions. But most of the times it was very quiet. That is why I would try an RP guild. I think it gives another view on the game with more fun things to do except grind and make gold.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

I have been playing since Vanilla wow. Mostly pvp. I know every bg because I have battled alliance there for a long time. Raid wise I know tacts only in LFR. But my main interest lies in PvP. I have also done 2v2 with a RL friend as a healer and it wasn't that bad.

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?

I will choose to help my allies. As someone who grew up in nature and not having a lot of allies and friends around me, they are dearest to me.
The combination of my knowledge of the place where my friends are held captive and my ability to stealth around defenses I can easily meet with them. Which makes it easier to escape. I can also see to their woonds.
Once rejoined with my friends we can see if we can still save the capital city.

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

I am prepared to show the respect that is recommended. I am not allknowing and there is still a lot to learn.
On the other hand, I am not a soldier puppet. Not a butler or something like that.
I know I need to earn the respect, but therefore u want to feel appreciation. Which I hope to find in your guild.

Sincerely yours,

Tauresaurus Earthborn
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty30/11/2012, 16:49

Thanks for the app!

A few things... Tauresaurus isn't the greatest RP name I've ever seen, but nor is it the worst (Healdpstank being a memorable example).
Are you prepared to download an addon which can display a more suitable name? TRP2 and MRP are good examples of this. Or, are you prepared to pay for a name change (a pretty big thing to ask, I know)?

Secondly, terms like tank are generally considered for OOC only (OOC standing for 'out of character', meaning not roleplay. Just as IC stands for 'in character').
Also, try to avoid text speak such as 'u' for 'you' when talking IC.

Now for the good bit, I actually really rather like the little backstory involving raptors and Un'goro and we have great need of healers IC!
We're more than willing to help someone out who's new to roleplay, provided that person is willing to be helped.

So, please answer my questions above and then we'll see where we go from there Smile
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty30/11/2012, 20:32

In addition, you didn't fill out any of the Out of character (OOC) questions at the top of the form.
-> https://shatterskulls.forumotion.com/t1677-the-shatterskull-marauders-application-form

The idea is that you answer the Out of Character questions as yourself, the player behind the keyboard, the person paying the subscription.

The In Character (IC) questions are supposed to be answered as the character that wishes to join the guild. Try to answer those questions through his or her eyes. Your character doesn't know what an "RP Guild" or the terms "LFR" and "PvP" mean!
Back to top Go down
Tauresaurus

PostSubject: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty2/12/2012, 20:32

Hi

Sorry it has been a while before I answered your questions. Busy weekend. But I am willing to learn more about the RP rules. As it is my first time in an RP guild I don't really know my way around. But I'm sure you can help me out there.
About my IC name, I know it's not a very good RP name. When I made the character I wasn't thinking about that. But I'm willing to use the addon to change my name.
I also noticed I forgot the first part. I will get right to that.
I'm glad u liked my backstory and I'm seeing forward hearing from you.

Greetings

Tauresaurus (thinking about a new name at the moment)
Back to top Go down
Tauresaurus

PostSubject: 2nd part application   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty2/12/2012, 20:40

OUT OF CHARACTER

As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)

None. But I'm eager to find out how they work

2) Why do you want to join us?

Other guilds aren't very social in my opinion. I'm hoping that an RP guild is different in that case.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?

To create or be someone in an other world where u can freely choose who you would be. Participate in events in this world. And in this process make friends and get to know more about this world.

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?

Someone who truely challenges the game. Who tries to work his character in the game an become a part of it. Not just undergoing but also participating.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have

I would like to. I have a pvp and pie spec. so I can join in any activity that comes up. I haven't really done raids in a guild other then vanilla. Loads of LFR though. I know the tacts for those raids and I think I'm clever enough to figure out the tacts for the other ones.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these

As u can read above I also have a PvP spec. And I prefer to pvp with friends against real other players than to bash in a boss determined what to do by a computer. I have done some rated and arena in cataclysm with a friend and I liked it. So I would love to try again with other people.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty2/12/2012, 20:55

Thanks for the response!

I think its a yes. Your name isn't great, but you're aware of that and we can mitigate it with the addition of an addon.

Do any other officers have any comments?
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty2/12/2012, 20:57

Tauresaurus wrote:
About my IC name, I know it's not a very good RP name. When I made the character I wasn't thinking about that.
Same thing with my character Sunburn, her OOC name is "Scuzy", not very proper for a Blood Elf Wink
Back to top Go down
Zulldar

PostSubject: Re: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty2/12/2012, 21:38

As a fresh member i totally support this guy, he's my irl bro and an awesome tank/healer Smile
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty2/12/2012, 22:12

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Chryso

Chryso

PostSubject: Re: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty2/12/2012, 22:46

Not really. Yes from me.

Don't worry about not having any rp experience before hand because I didn't have any before i joined and the marauders really helped me out.

Hope to see you in the battlefield soon!

Back to top Go down
Tauresaurus

PostSubject: Re: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty3/12/2012, 09:32

Thank you for the friendly comments. And I hope to join u soon and explore the wonders of wow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application Tauresaurus Earthborn   Application Tauresaurus Earthborn Empty

Back to top Go down

Application Tauresaurus Earthborn
Page 1 of 1