The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torko's Application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Torko

Torko's Application Empty
PostSubject: Torko's Application   Torko's Application Empty22/1/2015, 17:37

OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

(Q): Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
(A): I've been around and about on Defias Brotherhood since 2006, though it took me a good while to gather my courage and get involved with the RP scene, what with never having had any roleplaying experience in-game or outside in the real world. Though I've never been a ”big player” in any major plots in DB's history, I've been involved with several guilds for years in the past, of which The Second Gurubashi Empire is still active at least. I've also had some history with you guys, having worked as part of a certain tavern/inn guild, where you lot visited in Ratchet...

With that said, I'm not one who knows every single detail of Azerothian lore and won't mind admitting if I get confused with some information presented to me and then ask you oocly about it. I've also been away from the whole RP business for a long while now and it has been even longer since I wrote an IC application to a guild, so I apologize for causing any possible cringes!

(Q): Why do you want to join us?
(A): Like mentioned above, I've spent some time stalk...-observing your guild from outside in the past and it has always seemed like quite the colorful bunch that could be fun to hang around with! I guess the fact that your guild accepts all the Horde races perks my interest too, as most of the RP guilds I have history with have been racial guilds.

(Q): What is your own definition of roleplay?
(A): Uuh, keeping yourself in-character and respecting the rules of roleplaying, but also keeping things relaxed and casual enough, by not getting too deeply involved (in a bad way, at least) and remembering that there's a OOC side to most things as well. So basically not being a complete jackass (IC or OOC...unless your character is a jackass, then...uhh...) sums some of it up, I suppose.

(Q): What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
(A): I guess I already answered to this one partly. Act in-character, but don't mix up OOC feelings into it. Or well, I mean you can of course have some feelings for the events and actions surrounding your character, especially if it's a character you've poured years worth of blood and tears into, but just don't take it overboard and assume that if my character happens to hate your character's guts, it (probably!) doesn't mean that I hate the player behind the screen as well.

As for the character itself...well, I think that even the most basic type of character can be a fun fellow to interact with, if the player knows what he/she's doing. I've never made any complicated fellows with 200-pages worth of background story myself, but I haven't received any complaints about it either!

(Q): Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have.
(A): Umm...will my answer get locked at this time? I guess I could be potentially interested at some point, I currently have about 8 levels to go before I even reach level 100 with my rogue. But it has been a good while since I was in a proper raiding guild (Short membership near the beginning Cataclym as a DPSer and a longer one during good half of TBC as a healer, shaman being my class on both times) so take that as you will.

(Q): Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
(A): I had a...somewhat succesful arena team during TBC! Though even if we never reached high ranks, it was usually fun just to play around in, as an alternative for the basic battlegrounds. I don't think I've ever been excellent in PvP, though (again) during TBC I did a whole lot of it with a handful of my characters. "First Sergeant" title is a good proof of that (and of wasting countless hours in those endless AV matches...)

So I don't really have any experience from organized PvP matches and 'am not sure if I'd be too into them, but I can always at least join for a random PvP group every now and then probably!

(Q): How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
(A): I think I met you lot first time in-game, when you dropped by in Ratchet. Seen some of you every now and then afterwards around Azeroth, also on them DefiasRP forums.

-

IN CHARACTER (Meaning it's a dialog)
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

(Q): Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
(A): Zug...wait...lok'tar! This is Torko, an Orcish rogue from the shadows.

(Q): Why do you wish to join the warband?
(A): Being in my line of work (sneaking about and cutting throats of unaware enemies), I've worked alone in the past alot...but now with the Iron Horde looming above us as perhaps the biggest threat we've ever faced, I figured I could offer my services to other people more often and more effectively...and use their services in return.

(Q): While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
(A): I wouldn't be where I am today, if I wouldn't be ready to fight. Even in a hopeless situation, I'm ready to lend my weapon and see what's what.

(Q): Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
(A): It's...not an easy thing to admit, but I wasn't againt Garrosh Hellscream taking the reins when it originally occured. I figured it could be good for us to have a leader who wouldn't let us get stepped on by The Alliance. Sadly his thrist for blood and power became too much to handle for me as well eventually.

...that didn't get too sorrowful, did it? Either way, I feel like it's dark spot in my life that I'd like to redeem by fighting under the leadership of someone...well, more clear-minded than the mentioned brown orc, if we're being polite.

Was that rambling? I apologize if it was. I have a liking towards drinking, if to mention something lighter, but that's hardly a surprise coming from an orc, I guess. Fighting as a ”hobby” probably goes without saying...I've also began to look into some crafting, with leathers especially...

(Q):We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
(A): I'm a rogue, so sharp things and poisons are my speciality. While I'd like to gloat with my ability to blend into the shadows to become near-invisible to anyone's eye, it's hardly something I alone can do. But I'd like to think that I have the patience to wait for my time in the shadows and (attempt) to strike at precise moments to get the most out of my abilities and defeat my opponents in the most effective way possible.

(Q): We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
(A): Just tell me what you want and point me to the right direction. I trust that your officers know what to expect from new recruits by now. I at least know that I'll take my abilities to their limits, whatever might be required.

The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed. Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defenses, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short...

(Q): Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
(A): I would stand by my post and follow my duties. I might've operated as a lone wolf behind the enemy lines for a good portion of my time in war, but I've always followed orders of my superiors when the situation has required it, even if the one giving them has been a madman who hasn't cared whatever you lived or died, but only if you succeeded in your job.
Back to top Go down
Hikka
Warcaller
Hikka

PostSubject: Re: Torko's Application   Torko's Application Empty23/1/2015, 15:11

Nice app! Whisper a marauder ingame and they point you towards a recruiter for your IC interview!
Back to top Go down
Himo
Chieftain
Himo

PostSubject: Re: Torko's Application   Torko's Application Empty23/1/2015, 22:03

Interviewed and invited. Forum access plz!
Back to top Go down
Shriukan
Warcaller
Shriukan

PostSubject: Re: Torko's Application   Torko's Application Empty24/1/2015, 22:48

Forum access granted. Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torko's Application   Torko's Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Torko's Application
Page 1 of 1