The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Edgewalker's application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Edgewalker

Edgewalker's application Empty
PostSubject: Edgewalker's application   Edgewalker's application Empty21/11/2014, 15:43

Hello, everyone, allow me to introduce myself and apply to the guild. Great Wall of Text incoming, sorry for that. Smile

OUT OF CHARACTER

(Q): Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
(A): When I started playing WoW in 2007, I RP-d a snarky dwarf paladin on Ravenholdt (RP-PvP). When I was converted and became a Hordie, playing on The Sha’tar (RP), I picked the orc hunter who had a (probably too) close relationship with his fearless battleboar, Oink. In both cases, I was in medium-RP guilds, and often enjoyed random RP action in Orgrimmar/other places. And no, I don’t mean eRP. IRL, I had a bit of experience with pen-and-paper RPGs, namely Warhammer and D&D.

(Q): Why do you want to join us?
(A): I haven’t played for the last 2+ years, but have kept an eye on MMO-Champion, and the more details about WoD emerged, the more I was convinced I wanted to come back. I had a look at the official realm forums a week or two before WoD came out, and of all guild ads, yours stood out. It seems that when you guys hear “RP” in context of WoW, you do not hear “Runic Power”. Long guild experience indicates you’re able to keep drama away, and you seem open to all kinds of activities, be it PvP or PvE yet you don’t go hardcore, which fits me perfectly. I whispered Shriukan right before WoD release and was told you’re still considering the raiding options and probably starting with normal, which sounds great to me (I would like to break into raiding again).

(Q): What is your own definition of roleplay?
(A): First, it is imagining the whole picture of a character, not just a few random things about her, so that you understand the character, see it in a wider context, and are able to get into the character’s skin – and then revealing that image to others over the course of the character’s words and actions.

(Q): What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
(A): An ability get into the mind of an imagined character, realizing what that character’s goals and motives would be and performing actions based upon that, making the character’s behaviour as believable as possible.

(Q): Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have.
(A): Would be great. I’m rather casual player, though, and the only period I raided, was in WotLK (I remember I hit Champion of the Frozen Wastes when it was current). I played the hunter I created back in Vanilla all the way to Cataclysm (in Cata, I only touched that raid-thing located in Tol Barad), but now I decided to relegate him into the alt department. My intention is playing the DK as my true main in order to fully learn it and understand the class’ philosophy. I would like to play him as a tank in PvE eventually (I had some dungeon experience with other tank classes, and I enjoyed that role).

(Q): Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
(A): Again, I’m rather casual player, but I liked PvP more than PvE when I played the game. I never got into anything serious – my hunter’s “achievements” were 25k HKs and 500 (2v2) Arena victories, so there’s really nothing to brag about, these were just a natural result of playing the same character all that time. My goal is to get into PvP with a DK (as Unholy), too. I like BGs and WPvP more than arenas, but would consider them, too.

(Q): How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
(A): See above. When my account was frozen, I searched the European realm forums forand found your advertisement. I checked out a few others, but decided to give this one a go.

IN CHARACTER (Meaning it's a dialog)
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
*as he speaks, his glowing eyes are firmly fixed somewhere in the darkness; from time to time, he shivers visibly, and his hands clench on the hilt of his sword; the longer the conversation lasts, the more anxious he becomes, clearly unable to remain in place, as if resisting an urge to stand up and disappear away into the night, to sate sinister, endless hunger consuming him*

(Q): Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
(A): Well, I used to be a human. Then, my life ended abruptly. Then, it began anew… under the bloodied fist of the traitor known as Arthas. Lady Sylvanas led me and my brothers away from him... or so I was told. But soon, as we fought the Scourge in the Plaguelands, death caught upon me once more. The one who I was awaken in front of, was Lich King himself. Pathetic, huh? Having died twice, my memories were shattered. I do not know my former name… either of my former names, to be exact. But I do not care. Not anymore. Balancing on the edge, between life and death, seems to be my destiny… and that is why I decided to roam these lands under the name of Edgewalker.

(Q): Why do you wish to join the warband?
(A): I have no past and I do not seek it. Being released from the Scourge’s whip and made to bow before them again made me – as one unlucky human muttered to my ear right before leaving the mortal realm – a sick, twisted abomination of life and all that is holy. There is some truth to that, as I have realized over the years. I cannot think of anything other than slaying as many as I can before finally finding rest, when the enemy’s blade hits faster than mine. But I refuse to succumb to the mindless slaughter. I need a purpose. I believe Shatterskull Marauders will help me find it.

(Q): While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
(A): Fighting is all I have left. So… yes.

(Q): Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
(A): All I have got left of my existence, are blurry images of what could have been… or what could have been told me in either of previous lives. Not much to talk about. I guess I did despair over my fate when I first awakened. Now, what only counts is what is ahead of me. Great challenges to take and enemies to slay.

(Q): We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
(A): Third life I spend, holding the blade… or so it seems. My bonds to humanity have been weaker. I know no fear, feel no remorse, have no hope… yet it is not a blind rage that drives me into battle on the frontlines. Just cold fury, yet without losing control – so that when I finally close what is left of my eyes, I will feel I have earned the rest. If there is one thing I am happy for, it is the fact Scourge failed twice, trying to get me to stand among their ranks… only managing to make me stronger.

(Q): We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
(A): Show me the task nobody wants to take on, calling it madness, with little hope of returning or whatever. I’ll stand up, grab my blade and leave right away. No saying prayers, no goodbyes, no needless preparation and “finishing business”.

The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed. Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defenses, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short...

(Q): Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
(A): Home city, you say? Where would that be? I have none. Marauders gave me a purpose, and I will not let that go and leave those, who directed me, to die. As soon as an opportunity emerges, I shall leave my post. Will I be deemed a traitor? Perhaps.

Oh well, losing the city would mean a blow to all Horde, which I am a member of after all – and while I cannot claim it is a nation dear to me, it gave birth to those I call friends – and because of that, I owe it something.

I would approach one of the guards nearby, the one I know would stay there. Knowing they probably see me as a wretched corpse belonging to a madman, they will listen, when I tell them something as stupid as “see that tunnel I guarded? It smells worse than a pit of gnome poo.” Once past the moat, already on the enemy side, I will call the guard by name and scream into the night – “check the pit of gnome poo”. The guard will - hopefully - check the tunnel, and any possible traitors and alliance scouts that might be around will not realize what that was about. Then, I will just sneak out to find my comrades... though if some Alliance pig crosses my path, I will not hesitate.

Last edited by Edgewalker on 21/11/2014, 16:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hikka
Warcaller
Hikka

PostSubject: Re: Edgewalker's application   Edgewalker's application Empty21/11/2014, 16:02

Seems fine! Whisper a marauder in-game and they will direct you to a officer for IC interview!
Back to top Go down
Edgewalker

PostSubject: Re: Edgewalker's application   Edgewalker's application Empty21/11/2014, 16:40

I will do so later in the evening, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

PostSubject: Re: Edgewalker's application   Edgewalker's application Empty25/11/2014, 18:50

Invited, forum access pls! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: Edgewalker's application   Edgewalker's application Empty25/11/2014, 19:05

Access granted. Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edgewalker's application   Edgewalker's application Empty

Back to top Go down

Edgewalker's application
Page 1 of 1