The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mareridt - Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mareridt

Mareridt - Application Empty
PostSubject: Mareridt - Application   Mareridt - Application Empty25/10/2014, 23:07

OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

(Q): Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
(A): Once upon a time, around when the Lich King was sitting upon his throne I was a Draenei shaman on Ravenholdt in a small, friendly guild called Moonshyne. We had several RP events and guild meetings that I attended in character but aside from that, unfortunately I am rather lacking in experience. (Though I'd like to point out that it's not for want of trying, it just seems that RP is harder to get hold of these days, especially as Horde)

(Q): Why do you want to join us?
(A): You seemed like the most suitable guild for my RP needs. You have lots of experience, you're willing to assist people who are less knowledgeable than you in that field and generally I liked the cut of your jib when reading your posts on the forums.

(Q): What is your own definition of roleplay?
(A): To be somebody else in a different world. You're not just playing the game of WoW but you're seeing it through a completely different set of eyes with different experiences and thoughts motivating you.

(Q): What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
(A): Well the most obvious answer would be someone who knows how to remain in character without dropping it and avoids using (()) for OOC (are people still doing that?). Besides that it's someone who can express their ideas for their role in a manner that doesn't overpower everyone else, they give and receive interactions without overpowering those around them, or being a Mary Jane.

(Q): Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have.
(A): I would like to in the future if it's an option for me, as I'm currently rather small. As for experience, well I stopped raiding properly in about June '14 when I was 8/14hc in SOO on my disc priest. Before that I've raided since vanilla with several guilds, seen all content and from Wrath to Cata cleared pretty much all content on hc when it was current.

(Q): Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
(A): Yes, I could be interested in PvP. I reached rank 11 in vanilla which kinda burnt me out for PvP, but since then I've done arenas for a few seasons and a few rated battlegrounds but that was before my guild imploded. I find these things are always so much more fun when you're on voice chat with people you're playing with. If that were an option here I'd definitely be interested when I'm eligible.

(Q): How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
(A): I was hunting through the RP guilds thread on the Defias Brotherhood et al official forums.

IN CHARACTER (Meaning it's a dialog)
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

(Q): Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
(A): Uh... well, hello there. You're quite a big fellow aren't you? You can call me Mareridt and as you can see from my excellent bone structure, I am forsaken.

(Q): Why do you wish to join the warband?
(A): Alas my lady, Sylvanas no longer has use for me and I do not do well alone. My poor minions suffer when I do not have distractions, therefore I have decided to offer my services to you as a member of your.. warband as you call it, in order that I remain entertained and you, well, you have more fire power and a loyal follower.

(Q): While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
(A): I will do as commanded for Lady Sylvanas ... and the Horde!

(Q): Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
(A): *cocks head to one side* ...hobbies? Hm, well I suppose dressing up my imp doesn't count does it? *sighs and takes a deep breath* My name is, was, Mere.. Marrr.. Merrrreedith. Holt. Now I am just Mareridt. *sighs again* I'm sorry, I rarely talk about it. I was human at one point, but it feels so long ago that now I fear I may have imagined it. And of course having to hold my jaw in place whenever I say my old name is the reminder I do not need!

Really? This is all necessary for you to know before I can join you? Huh! Fine! Well, I had a family, but they are gone now. Poor Mareridt, all alone! La de da! With only my pathetic minions for company! pfft! Oh, right, yes..living! We lived on a farm, poor as mice but we grew food and kept animals, I did so love the animals...

Of course I was the prettiest girl in all the village you know. My hair was golden and long, my eyes full and blue... the boys... they wouldn't stop leaving notes of passion on my door step *sighs* but now they won't even give me the time of day... well, *smirks* until I make them beg for mercy, "oh no, don't hurt her, I love her! I'm sorry" they always cry as I teach their new loves that replaced me what it means to be ugly!

(Q): We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
(A): I really did not care for combat until recently. I was sitting in the Undercity waiting for Lady Sylvanas' handmaidens to give me some menial task to do when I saw one of those filthy Alliance things sneaking through the slime river and then.. bang! it was dead. I was astounded! I turned around and saw another one of my kind standing a little way away, behind the Alliance thing, surrounded by this breathtaking purple aura. I'm quite familiar with magic, I was an excellent student in my classes when I was.. human.. and had plans to become a fully qualified mage one day... well, until, you know... So I begged and pleaded with him to teach me his ways... and after some time here I am, minions and all! Though I do wish that Helnos, my voidwalker wasn't quite such a foolish creature. He's always causing trouble!

(Q): We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
(A): I am not a coward, disobedient or weak so this will not be an issue.

The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed. Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defenses, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short...

(Q): Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
(A): You asked before why I wished to join, and I told of my loyalty to the group. If you let me become one of you, I swear that I will lay down this ...forsaken... 'life'... of mine for any one of you. I can only hope that when the rescue has been successful that we will return to take back my beloved Undercity and teach those hellions a lesson!
Back to top Go down
Vicktomon
Honor Guard
Vicktomon

PostSubject: Re: Mareridt - Application   Mareridt - Application Empty25/10/2014, 23:18

Looks good. Whisper any Marauder in-game and you'll be directed to an officer for an IC interview
Back to top Go down
tarakjin
Warcaller
tarakjin

PostSubject: Re: Mareridt - Application   Mareridt - Application Empty11/11/2014, 06:49

Has this applicant been invited yet? *bump*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mareridt - Application   Mareridt - Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Mareridt - Application
Page 1 of 1