The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sile - Application to join the Marauders.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sile

Sile - Application to join the Marauders. Empty
PostSubject: Sile - Application to join the Marauders.   Sile - Application to join the Marauders. Empty19/9/2014, 14:18

OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

(Q): Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
(A): I have done some RP before, mainly tabletop pen and paper based RP however, AD&D, Vampire and other such games. But I have done some RP in-game as well, In World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy Online and Lord of the Rings online. I also roleplay a fair deal on Skype, with old friends that have quit those games, and still like to do roleplaying.

(Q): Why do you want to join us?
(A): I like the idea of a guild that is not 'only race x' and so forth, I like the notion that all races are welcomed, makes for good diversity. But on a slightly selfish note, a active RP guild is something I seek, as I find myself a bit alone as of late.

(Q): What is your own definition of roleplay?
(A): That's a interesting question, for me personally, it means delving deeper into the game, to create stories that might not be as epic and big as Thralls and Jainas, but stories that are fun to explore. I like thinking that every character has potential, and that with good RP and support, we can all create, be creative and have fun.

(Q): What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
(A): In my view, the willingness to not trample other peoples ideas and treat them with respect. I think that everyone has the potential to be good at roleplay, if they are allowed time to learn. I think knowing some lore can be valuable, but moreso applying common sense is a good thing.

(Q): Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have.
(A): I could certainly try, but I am not going to say I am good, I have done some raidfinder, that's it.

(Q): Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
(A): I am possibly the worst player ever in PvP, imagine a hamster in a horrible maze, I panic, I flail, I yell and I then /vanish and hope it all ends. But it never ends...

(Q): How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
(A): A kind forsaken in a Heroic Scenario tipped me that you guys might be my cup of tea.

IN CHARACTER (Meaning it's a dialog)
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

(Q): Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
(A): Sile'thiel Vir'narel, but Sile will do nicely. Really, it's fine. And I am a Sin'dorei, but I am not one of those snobby ones, not at all, nope, that's not me.

(Q): Why do you wish to join the warband?
(A): I want to work with others, to further the goals of the now united Horde of course!

(Q): While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
(A): I am willing and capable. Blood and honour.

(Q): Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
(A): Siles past is somewhat shrouded in mystery, there is few accounts of note to her family, and she herself is tight-lipped about her family. Her accent would suggest she hails from the north, but this has never been confirmed nor denied by Sile herself.

It is however a matter of public record that Aerill Vir’narel is her father, and her mother Vhaerylie died when Sile was but a lass, the Spire seems to contain little of the elusive Sile herself however. No notes as to her chosen profession, nor any criminal records.

Sile herself is rather friendly if somewhat shy, but those she deems friends would be aware she has spent quite a bit of her childhood travelling, following her father as he scammed and charmed his way through small hamlets in the countryside. A charming man with a penchant for games of chance, Aerill never quite outstayed his welcome, and yet his habitual gambling and fondness of liqueor made Siles childhood one of turmoil and travel.

At some point in Siles childhood it is clear the path of father and daughter seperate rather abruptly, and Sile is not prone to discuss the reasons why this is, but she holds no love for the man she once adored.

There is few these days Sile would call friend, a rather noteable exception is a rather hulking troll named Halakai, they seem to share a bond that is unshakeable, and defy what norms and conventions may be expected of them. If confronted with this, Sile would simply shrug and say «Without Halakai I am nothing, he allowed me growth and freedom, asking naught in return but friendship».

Halakai and Sile have travelled together, trekking as far south as the jungles of Stranglethorn. Neither of them to inclined to discuss the purpose of their travels, leaving that to be speculated upon.

(Q): We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
(A): Sile is well-versed in close-combat fighting, having been trained in this for a long time. She is also a rather adept scout.

(Q): We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
(A): If I thought myself weak I would not seek you out in the first place. Am I as strong as an Orc? Surely not. Can I wield a greatsword with leisured ease? No, that I can't. But I am not as frail as I might seem at a glance. My word is worth something to me, so hopefully in time this will be clear.

The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed. Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defenses, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short...

(Q): Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
(A): Hmm, a choice between forsaking my friends or my people. A rather impossible one to make, as either way I lose, and I likely will be ravaged by guilt. I must make the choice I think the lesser of two evils in this case. Within the city I presume children and innocent people reside, where my friends in the warband is all adults.

I chose to remain at my post in the citys defence, as I pray that my friends in the Warband might be able to fend off the Alliance, I know that a innocent child stands no chance. I would lament it of course, but that would be my choice.
Back to top Go down
Vicktomon
Honor Guard
Vicktomon

PostSubject: Re: Sile - Application to join the Marauders.   Sile - Application to join the Marauders. Empty19/9/2014, 16:30

Seems good. Whisper any Marauder in-game and you'll be directed to an officer for an IC interview.
Back to top Go down
Jaifelas
Honor Guard
Jaifelas

PostSubject: Re: Sile - Application to join the Marauders.   Sile - Application to join the Marauders. Empty8/10/2014, 11:12

Has this character been invited yet also?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/jaifelas/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sile - Application to join the Marauders.   Sile - Application to join the Marauders. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sile - Application to join the Marauders.
Page 1 of 1