The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What We Can Offer You: PvP

Go down 
+2
evicor
Maximus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Maximus
Wanderer
Maximus

What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty
PostSubject: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty12/7/2010, 06:51

[Last Updated by Maximus on the 12/7/10 at 5. I am going to sleep now but will be back with some more information tomorrow afternoon, err, I mean this afternoon.]

The Shatterskull Marauders are known across the server for our RP-PvP escapades! RP-PvP is an integral part of our history and success.

World-RP-PvP is a brilliant thing, and the Marauders are at the heart of organising World-RP-PvP events on our server.
These events can range from pubcrawls in Alliance inns (why everybody is so hostile I do not know, we only want to try the wine!), to the massacre of Alliance towns, to epic strategic cross-faction battles, involving RP guilds from both the Alliance and the Horde, with real-time objectives and consequences.

Battleground Premades, although put on hold for a short time have finally returned to the Marauders this July!

Arena teams were first released in TBC, and from Season 1 the Marauders were there, locked in prestigious gladiatorial combat with Azeroth's champions!

Thank you for having an interest in the marauders and reading this information, we hope to see you soon =)

- Bloodseeker Maximus Quickfoot Skyseer, teh sexeh cow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 08:42

Taken the decision to delete the posts so as not to upset anyone further.

Last edited by Sealgair on 17/12/2010, 01:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
evicor
Oathsworn
evicor

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 09:03

Please do note the fact that it says it CAN range between a different set of items, and crossfaction and serverwide doesn't neccisarily involve the Thorns. And I fail to see exactly where this would be taking credit from someone else.

A good day to you, I hope you get whatever thrill you hope to get from this, fanboy. (Or girl, beats me)
Back to top Go down
Salria

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 09:10

This sounds good if it comes true. The last time in my memory that we actually attacked any proper towns was back in Wotlk during the anniversary and as far as I know we've never stormed an inn as long as I've been in the guild. In wotlk there was a fairly small group of people who actively pvped and definitely not enough for these claims. That group's growing now, giving me some hope that these things might be true in the future but July's far too late to start pre-made BGs if you're planning on not getting your head stuck on a pole and used in a rain dance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 09:34

Back to top Go down
Sylphi

Sylphi

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 12:08

Hopefully in the future with the guild changes, levels and the changes to PVP we now have in Cataclysm we can get some stuff like this off the ground.

I'm sure it will become reality in no time at all.

And then you wont be lying on your recruitment posts Maximus.

Smile

Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 12:53

Ufff, Max. Buuusted! Razz
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 16:45

But then again. Most of our info pages are heavily outdated, which we should get to work on i guess. Thanks so much for pointing it out Arli.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 17:08

Back to top Go down
Sylphi

Sylphi

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 17:16

I'm sure our PVP officers would love to get something like that on the go, I think however we plan to concentrate more on BG premades and Wargames, the person to speak to would be Voxigah as far as I'm aware.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 17:18

Last edited by Sealgair on 17/12/2010, 01:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphi

Sylphi

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 17:25

Oh, well in that case I'm sure that if it's what the Majority of members in the guild want then we could arrange something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 17:27

That was kinda funny Smile

You are not a pvp guild. Never mind, I'll stop posting.
Back to top Go down
Sylphi

Sylphi

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 17:29

Meow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 17:31

Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 17:41

Thanks for your very insightfull and helpfull posts Arli.

You can call our guild what you want to, then we will continue to run our guild for our members. We do not tell you how to run the Thorns, or what you allowed to call your guild.

As always, for events to happen they need someone to make them. A year back we had alot of pvp events, the past few months we've had alot of linear events, and before that we had alot of PvE events. I'm sure that some pvp will be organised again at some point when we have a member that gets an idea for it.

That we cant keep our forum up to date enough for your liking, i do apoligies, and hope you will bare with us.

Now if you have anything more that you would like to add to our guild, or maybe a direction you would like to see us go, you can always log your Marauder alt and create something. We love that our members come up with ideas themselves, and will support those as much as we can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 17:47

Back to top Go down
Sylphi

Sylphi

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty16/12/2010, 19:14

As Catari said i'd just like to reiterate our thanks for your input Arli.

However i have to disgree with you when you say bluntly that we are not a PVP guild, perhaps right now with the onset of Cataclysm and the masses of people trying their best to gear up we're not doing anything, however elsewhere on this forum is a rather popular topic about Getting a Marauder PVP group going, hoping to repeat the success we have achieved with our PVE raiding groups, Infact as far as i'm aware Voxigah and Thraka are hoping to get something together very soon so we can take full advantage of the new guild levelling system and get us some nice tasty guild achievements.

Perhaps this doesn't involve the entire RP server community as a whole however it would be remiss of us to concentrate on organising community wide world PVP if that's not what the members of our guild want, surely it's our job and perhaps maybe a key to our success that we tend to give our members what they want?

I fail to see why The Marauders as a guild should pander to an extremely vocal minority Smile

So you're probably right, Maximus could do with amending his origional post, We haven't arranged any Community wide PVP events in a while. However we have had several RP events and while they might not be to everyones taste, the invitation was indeed extended to the entire RP community.

As Catari said, if you'd like to get more involved in deciding how we as a guild want to play this game then by all means join us on one of your alts and have your say, or maybe contact one of our officers or Skully in game.

I mean let's be honest now, if i posted something like this on The Vile Thorn forums you would be having kittens right now.

Kittens, get it?, just a bit of banter Smile
Back to top Go down
Djill
Oathsworn
Djill

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty17/12/2010, 01:05

Since i joined the marauders I think i went to at least 20 marauder orginized world pvp events, true those were mostly when i just joined in.

Since I joined the server i have seen maybe 5 server wide thorn pvp events...

If the marauders aint pvp then by that logic the thorns aint either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty17/12/2010, 01:29

So perhaps this can end here.
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty17/12/2010, 01:37

Well that was clearly the mature thing to do. You come to our forum, tells us we are not a pvp guild, tells Max he's lying to new recruits, you get some answers ofcourse, and then you just delete all the mess you made... Lovely.

Deep down i know you as a very mature person, and i would'nt throw you of the forum, but i think you should think a bit further before posting here in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What We Can Offer You: PvP   What We Can Offer You: PvP Empty

Back to top Go down

What We Can Offer You: PvP
Page 1 of 1