The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Veindrinker

Go down 
+2
Shriukan
Veindrinker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Veindrinker

Veindrinker Empty
PostSubject: Veindrinker   Veindrinker Empty20/4/2014, 16:48

OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

(Q): Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
(A): Where to start, I have played in and gm'd the following paper based rp games for many years - Werewolf, Vampire, Changeling, Mage (All dark ages white wolf), Call of Cthulhu, Rifts, palladium, Legend of the 5 rings (original). As well as this I have rp'd on different servers.

(Q): Why do you want to join us?
(A): I enjoy the roleplay element of the game, and have been away from it for quite a while, I think its time I went back to enjoy it.

(Q): What is your own definition of roleplay?
(A): My definition would be to consider yourself as the character you are playing, and to make choices based not on your own preferences but on those of your character.

(Q): What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
(A): Someone who is willing to let their imagination build upon the elements they are given, and allow themselves to enjoy what they are doing.

(Q): Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have.
(A): I would like to raid, I have been a raid healer since Vanilla, but on the Horde side I only have this DPS/possible tank Dk (currently getting his ilvl higher)

(Q): Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
(A): I haven't done much pvp in the time since ive played, but I would still join in

(Q): How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
(A): A recruitment message in Orgrimmar

IN CHARACTER (Meaning it's a dialog)
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

(Q): Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
(A): Veindrinker, former Blood Elf

(Q): Why do you wish to join the warband?
(A): Gold, combat, glory, need I say more

(Q): While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
(A): If I wasn't I wouldn't be applying

(Q): Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
(A): The past is hard to recall, a hazy foggy existence that I struggle to see in my mind. Visions of gleaming red armour and battles come to me if I concentrate, but even this doesn't make much sense. The tedious cold of the Lich Kings control has made it all difficult to remember, however when I finally broke from him it was a great time. I paid him back for his slavery of my mind and decimated his forces as best as I could, but soon I felt a wanderlust and made my leave. I have travelled the world and parts beyond for many decades, I have seen things that would shock even the most battle hardened warrior. The Bloodsail Pirates call me an Admiral, I am a Defender of Cenarion, an Argent Champion, a Diplomat, various other titles have been bestowed upon me by others.

(Q): We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
(A): I am proficient in the use of various types of weapons, both single and double handed. I am also able to stand in front of the enemy to protect my colleagues while they perform their duties if needed too.

(Q): We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
(A): I have worked as part of companies before, and have brought about the demise of many terrible enemies with my comrades at the time. This would not be possible if I possessed any of the qualities listed above.

The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed. Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defenses, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short...

(Q): Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
(A): Surely this is a question of where my loyalty lies, to the Horde or my friends. If I deem that the Alliance forces are capable of destroying my city if I leave the post then I will stay. If I believe the city will survive the attack then I will abandon my post and save my friends, as they are probably worth 5 of every alliance I slaughter getting to them.
Back to top Go down
Shriukan
Warcaller
Shriukan

Veindrinker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veindrinker   Veindrinker Empty20/4/2014, 18:31

Quote :
(Q): Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
(A): The past is hard to recall, a hazy foggy existence that I struggle to see in my mind. Visions of gleaming red armour and battles come to me if I concentrate, but even this doesn't make much sense. The tedious cold of the Lich Kings control has made it all difficult to remember, however when I finally broke from him it was a great time. I paid him back for his slavery of my mind and decimated his forces as best as I could, but soon I felt a wanderlust and made my leave. I have travelled the world and parts beyond for many decades, I have seen things that would shock even the most battle hardened warrior. The Bloodsail Pirates call me an Admiral, I am a Defender of Cenarion, an Argent Champion, a Diplomat, various other titles have been bestowed upon me by others.

I'm not a fan of showing off in-game titles, especially the bigger ones like "Defender of Cenarion" or "Argent Champion" (this one especially coming from a DK), since it shows off your character as having been on Blizzard's spotlight instead, which we usually avoid and some people even heavily frown at.
Though, personally, it's the name that bothers me more. I can see a Belf DK calling himself Veindrinker, but on his family name.

These critics only represent my opinion so if others have anything to add, feel free to do so. We merely want to help you and give you advice to improve on some aspects of your character, though in the end, it is up to you to decide how you want to RP the character.

If nobody replies until tomorrow, feel free to whisper an officer for an interview.
Back to top Go down
Veindrinker

Veindrinker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veindrinker   Veindrinker Empty20/4/2014, 18:44

As I spent time getting the titles I think its a bit harsh to criticize me for using them, and also in regards to rp I didn't ask for them I was given them so im not sure where your angle is on that one.
Back to top Go down
Himo
Chieftain
Himo

Veindrinker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veindrinker   Veindrinker Empty20/4/2014, 19:59

The problem with using titles is that there are numerous problems, one of them being what happens when you come across someone else who proclaims to be called the admiral of the bloodsail pirates. Moreover it doesn't really tell us squat about your past, how did you earn these titles? Why did you suddenly leave these groups? What happened during your time amongst these people? How did a death knight become suddenly in the employee of a group dedicated to the preservation of nature and then a group of blood thirsty pirates?

I realise that you have put the effort into getting the titles (we all have) but I recommend deciding on what realistic accomplishments and history your character has gone through especially given Death Knights have only been given freedom to roam for about 4-6 years. (and about 2-4 years after the fall of the lich king).
Back to top Go down
Veindrinker

Veindrinker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veindrinker   Veindrinker Empty20/4/2014, 20:48

Who says I was ever part of the groups, they may be honourary titles they give to people good enough to attain them, which is precisely what they are in game anyway.

As for the statement "realistic accomplishments" im not sure what this is supposed to even mean. Please give me a list of your characters realistic achievements so I can understand where your coming from
Back to top Go down
Rey

Rey

Veindrinker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veindrinker   Veindrinker Empty20/4/2014, 21:22

I think the point Shriukan is making is that it's generally an RP no-no to claim that you were part of something big and unique in the game world, for example (note, you didn't say this!) being part of the group who killed Arthas. If you can back it up with a story, then by all means go for it, but you will have to accept that many people you RP with won't believe you in character. It brings up many problems if you meet another character claiming the same thing, or can cause problems with continuity from your character's point of view.

You state that you are a Defender of Cenarion, an Admiral of the Bloodsail and suchlike, but what we want to know is HOW you came to do this, with your character, in character. Considering not many years have passed since the downfall of Arthas, it's a long list of achievements for a short space of time - you are saying you managed this in a couple of years? If you have, then we'd like some story as to how you did, as it must be a very good story and is something we would certainly ask about in interview!

By all means, if you can back up what you've said you've achieved with stories of your actions and how you came about these titles in character, then go for it Smile

For example, I would personally say that it would be more easily acceptable to say you had some time rogue with a group of pirates and became their captain, then at some later stage worked (you would need a reason for this?) with the Cenarion Circle ... and why have you been called a "Diplomat"? Was this because of some particular occasion or occasions when you helped moderate between two parties?

Overall I guess I'm just saying that you might need to think about how your character could have realistically achieved all of this, and if you're sticking with the fact that they DID do all this, how you are going to back that up? Smile

--

As to "realistic accomplishments", some examples:
Diplomat: because your character has worked extensively with a number of factions
Professor: for studying a particular area for a long time and gaining particular knowledge in it
Scout
... the Patient

(In other words, titles that describe the work your character does or has done or nicknames they have earned, that you can explain in character)

"Unrealistic accomplishments":
Saviour of Azeroth
Kingslayer

(In other words, titles that would place your character as one of a few elite who accomplished something that the mere mortals of us down here on Azeroth can barely dream of!)

Overall: I would be interested in talking to your character in game to see how you play this Smile
Back to top Go down
Veindrinker

Veindrinker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veindrinker   Veindrinker Empty20/4/2014, 21:34

Yeah that makes sense, so Bloodsail Admiral would be pretty hard to back up if there are like 10 people in the guild with the same title.

Ok, so my history wont include the titles then, I just thought it was a thing.

As for the name, my actual name is lost to history, im simply a death knight called Veindrinker. That was the name I was given and that's all I remember.

In the years after I broke control of the Lich king I travelled the world, visited outlands and generally fought alongside different groups of people looking to make my way in the world for the second time. I was welcomed into the Horde eventually after proving my worth on these travels, and have fought for them since that time. I helped the Horde during the cataclysm by fighting in Hyjal and the Twilight highlands against the forces of deathwing.

Following horde orders I landed on Pandaria and began to convince the natives that the Horde was superior to the alliance. That's about where I am at this point.
Back to top Go down
Himo
Chieftain
Himo

Veindrinker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veindrinker   Veindrinker Empty20/4/2014, 22:06

Thanks Rey, those are some good examples. There's always a learning curve with rp and wow so longer as you're willing to take the time and learn I think you will fit in. Whisper an officer and well sort out a IC interview.
Back to top Go down
Veindrinker

Veindrinker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veindrinker   Veindrinker Empty20/4/2014, 22:09

I will do that tomorrow after work, thanks
Back to top Go down
Calenor
Honor Guard
Calenor

Veindrinker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veindrinker   Veindrinker Empty21/4/2014, 20:14

Interviewed and Invited, pending Forum rights and Promotion to Recruit