The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grimdorn

Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds Empty
PostSubject: Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds   Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds Empty5/6/2013, 02:36

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I am playing WoW since its launch back in 2005 and RP-server werde a home to me ever since. I was never really deeply engaged into roleplaying, tho. I was member of a couple of different guilds, mostly townsfolk in Stormwind, but nothing serious.

2) Why do you want to join us?
I saw your forum post and the concept of rebellion against the warchief sounds pretty interessting. Also i hope to find some kind of mentor, who is willing to help me to improve my play and knowledge of the lore.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
See the world through the eyes of my charackter, finding a way how HE would react to the situations given.

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
A good player sticks to his role, but is willing to make certain compromises to interact with other people and their roles.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
My char is not of level, but as i hit 90 i'm willing to give it a try. I raided all expansions (except the current) and saw pretty much all raids when they were current tier.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I join BGs regulary. 84.000 HK so far, tho i think i'm missing a whole bunch from classic chars. I am not a big fan of the arena tho. I haven't seen a rated BG yet, due the lack of a group and a char.

7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
I saw your forum post in the Defias Brotherhood forum.

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
I am Grimdorn the Tauren, Druid of the Wilds.

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I never have encountered a situation that could not besolved with teeth. If it's suits my ways, i will turn into a furry menace of claws, whiskers and agony.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Students of Hamuul Runetotem traind me and after my training i joined the Cenarion Expedition into the so-called Outland. I encountered the Naga a few times, enough to get used to use paws and claws. I decided to return to Moonglade where i joined a group of young, ambitious druids. After our encounters with the Naga we were foulish enough to believe we could survey the Dream. A few of us began the meditation, the others took care of our worldly bodies.

I don't want to talk about what happened in the Dream. But when i emerged, i was alone in the coven. Now i seek answers.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I am a druid of the Wilds. I draw my powers from life itself. I am a keen stalker, prowling the grass for my prey. I don't enjoy the thrill of the hunt, usually there is no hunt. A perfect placed first strike and the fight is over. Common folk calls me a cat, but i assure you, they are the mice.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Give me a quest.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
Discipline is part of my very existence. I follow orders. Within bounds. I will not endanger nature or creatures with no means of fighting back.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
In order to solve my personal questions, it may be of good use to have powerfull allies and maybe a few favors from the right people. And since there are yet enough evil creatures roaming the land, it could not hurt to kill a few in the process.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I have no offical rank or file. I fought Naga and some minor tainted creatures in the Outland. I am not trained in millitary strategy and procedure, but i am willing to learn what i need to know.

9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
I am not interessted in politics, but the current course of the Horde is a danger to balance. Besides, the goals of my pack are my goals.

Moral Question

10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.

Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.

Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.

Since my fellow druids seem to have abonded me, i propably would not leave my post to save them. But maybe i would. Depends on the situation.

And Finally

11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Orders are orders. And hierachy must be uphold. But as stated above, i will not work against my fundamental beliefs.

Last edited by Grimdorn on 5/6/2013, 10:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed 'Claw' to 'Wild')
Back to top Go down
Gor'Thrak

Gor'Thrak

PostSubject: Re: Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds   Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds Empty5/6/2013, 09:35

I'm a bit uncertain about this, but I know that it's not very traditional for a Tauren to be a Druid of the Claw. They only recently returned to Druidism after ages of not having used it much and around the same time Druids of the Wild became the norm. Druids of the Claw, Talon, Fang and the Grove are typically old Night Elven groups that have started to fade away bit by bit with the years in favour of the Druids of the Wild who take on several forms rather than a single one. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it's certainly in the grey zone as I can't recall having seen any Tauren in those groups.

On another note, Druids of the Wild do the same things as the other groups when shifting forms, they just don't really have the same name. But if you do decide to go for being a Druid of the Claw then remember that you can't take on any other forms than the bear one.

Quote :
Also i hope to find some kind of mentor, who is willing to help me to improve my play and knowledge of the lore.
Plenty of people in the Marauders are eager to discuss lore and help out with it, myself included, so feel free to ask if there's anything. Alternatively you can make a forum topic where you post questions once you've been recruited and gained access to the forum.

Poke any Marauder for directions towards an officer!
Back to top Go down
Grimdorn

PostSubject: Re: Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds   Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds Empty5/6/2013, 09:54

Gor'Thrak wrote:
I'm a bit uncertain about this, but I know that it's not very traditional for a Tauren to be a Druid of the Claw. They only recently returned to Druidism after ages of not having used it much and around the same time Druids of the Wild became the norm. Druids of the Claw, Talon, Fang and the Grove are typically old Night Elven groups that have started to fade away bit by bit with the years in favour of the Druids of the Wild who take on several forms rather than a single one. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it's certainly in the grey zone as I can't recall having seen any Tauren in those groups.

On another note, Druids of the Wild do the same things as the other groups when shifting forms, they just don't really have the same name. But if you do decide to go for being a Druid of the Claw then remember that you can't take on any other forms than the bear one.

Thank you for your reply.

I did not stumble upon the differentiation of Druids of the Claw and Druids of the Wild. The Hearthstone TCG states that druids of the Claw take multiple forms, so i took it for granted. But since it's just a name, i think, i'll just correct that.
Anyway, sounds like the 'of the Wilds' were the ones, i was thinking of, but i just remeber the WC3 units and just that name. My bad.

I will poke an officier some time next week as i am currently a bit busy in the offline.

Thank you again.

//Edited the name in the main post to reflect the change.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds   Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds Empty5/6/2013, 19:30

Grimdorn.

Awesome name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds   Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds Empty

Back to top Go down

Grimdorn - Druid of the Wilds
Page 1 of 1