The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Belthazzar´s aplication

Go down 
+2
Gor'Thrak
Belthazzar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Belthazzar

Belthazzar´s aplication Empty
PostSubject: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty19/2/2013, 19:59

OUT OF CHARACTER

As we are a role playing guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is preferred. The Marauders however won't hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)

A long time ago I used to do the "board game" role playing games. I have not had the opportunity to do so much role playing in WoW, but a few of those are amongst the most fun I have had in this game. Basicly when people try to play in character - either it is during a battleground, duegon or something similar, I think it is very funny. I once came across some people who played in character while doing wpvp and assaulted a major town, darn that was fun! Smile

However, a few roleplays I did get invited to and did not like was things in goldshire (alliance side, people running around the inn pretending to be vampires and things like that) and people who play "mighty" (they are almost godlike and basically dictate what happens to your character). I suspect that you will think it is good that I did not like this. However, I want to be honest and say that I also got invited to a rp event one that seem to be good arranged that I did not enjoy. But as I did not understand what it was about, and I just stood and watched a guy talking in /s for about four hours it was not that fun for me. Later I woke up with my head on the keayboard, the only time ever I fell asleep while playing WoW. I think that I need something happening, or at least some understanding of what it is about.

If that makes be a bad role player in your eyes I guess that I am not marauder materiel after all.

2) Why do you want to join us?
I want to belong to a guild that is active and have friendly members who know how to behave themselfs. In other words I look for friendly people, not people who are going to help me to play. I might however need some help when it comes to the role playing, even though I think I have read enough to understand some of the basics.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
First of all play and act in character. Also understand that a character that might be viewed by some as evil (I play an orc warlock) it is very, very rare that he himself sees himself as "evil", or that he treat his friends and allies badly.

My character has pretty big views of himself, but hey - he is and orc, and he is a warlock. Not too many orcs or warlocks is known for being shy and careful. But the fact that he STRIFES to become very powerful, and might have megalomania, does not meen that he IS that powerful or that I would rp him in the wrong way ("god rp" or what it is called). He is no more powerful then any other orc warlock, but with very big plans for the future...

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Someone who play in character, have a sense of humor and does not have to "take the spotlight" all the time. People who tries to get all the attention all the time is a bit frustrating. My character is the main character in HIS life, but all have to understand that they are not the main character in the world.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I am not material for your raiding team, but if you happen to be one man short a friday night and you think that I am better then nothing I am in! Smile
However, I might need to reach lvl 90 and gear up a bit first...

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
Hehe, I do play battleground now and then. To be honest, I am not that good at pvp when it comes to dps classes. I have done best in pvp playing healers tbh. But it might also be as I never been pvp geared. A pve geared healer can put out nice healing (as long as he manages to stay out of range of the enemy).

7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
The wow europe forum.

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

Hello, my name is Belthazzar. I know that you can see that I am an orc, so are you trying to be funny because I am wearing a robe??? This is no dress you know, but I do agree that most warlock clothes are not fitting a member of a war band. I will try to find something more fitting if I get accepted, and as soon as I get some new gold. I had a little accident last week...

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?

Of course! Are we allowed to loot the dead and keep the spoils?

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

My name is Belthazzar. This is the only name I have, as I got banished from my clan years ago. It was a silly thing really - our chief got upset when he discovered that I tried to animate the corpses of our fallen enemies. BAH! They were weak and held be back anyway!
Now, years later, I have the power to command daemons, and I wield fire and fel energy against my enemies. But power over the dead still eludes me. The day I solve this mystery I will sweep the alliance away from the face of the world, and prove myself to my old clan! *Belthazzar gets a dreamy look in his eyes*

Besides contemplating of my plans for future world dominance I dabble in the art of alchemy, where I am trying to unlock the mystery of eternal life as well as transmute lead into gold. I DID manage to turn all my gold into lead last week, but I have not managed the other way around. So right now I am a little bit low on cash.
As for an elixir of eternal life I might be on to something. My healing drafts has became stronger and stronger over the years, and sooner or later I will perfect it! *manical laughter*

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?

Well, on the battlefield I mainly burn people alive, suck their life energy or consume their souls. I was more into soul draining some years ago, now I am more into fire and seeing people burn to death. It can be quite amusing! The only drawback of it is that spoils that you might want tend to burn up with the people you have set a blaze.

5) We as a war band are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?

Bah, just give me a chance to prove myself! I might not have to mussels as your warriors have, but I wield powerful magic and have even bound demons to my will! I am not worried!

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?

I am without fear, fear is for the weak. I am the one putting fear into others. I have heard that your warband strikes fear into your enemies. If that is true it sounds like a fitting warband for me!

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?

I have the power of my magic and the ability to burn my enemies to death. But it is not as much fun if you do not have comrades of arms to share your stories with. And though I have the service of my minions, they don't make the best conversation partners.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

I cannot give you a rank that you would like, as I have been alone for a long time. I have been fighting alone, and the honor I have won is my own. Of course I did have a service time for an old orc warlock up in Winterspring, where I learned my craft. As you might know, if you want to learn the crafts of as warlock you either need to pay the master, or sometimes an old master accepts someone as his apprentice and slave until that old master dies. Well, I was kicked out of my tribe and penniless. But I guess "slave" was not the rank you wanted to hear. My service and training ended a bit abrupt one night when my master - after drinking a small barrel of strong beer - claimed that he could summon and control a demon lord. He made a protection pentagram in the snow and then managed to summon the beast, a 30 feet tall demon lord with burning skin, hot as molten lava. Yes, hot as molten lava. The snow started to melt away... and with that the pentagram. The beast grabbed my master and bit his head off, then continued to crunch on the rest as he fixed his gaze uppon me.

As he had just freed me from slavery I did not have any reason to try and fight him. And he seemed to be freezing like crazy, and was only interested in getting up a portal to get home to his own plane. I guess that if you enjoy the temperature of molten lava, Winterspring might not be the perfect climate for you.

I wonder if he get a cold after this...

I then picked up my former masters staff, summoned my demon mount and started my long trip towards Ogrimar.

Perhaps one day I will try to summon him and do what my former master did not manage. I know the beasts true name, so I know that he will have to come. But I can guarantee you that I will not try to summon a 30 feet high demon lord when I am drunk!

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?

Bah! If the alliance did not get me, they did a deadly mistake. My observer would track the alliance force down. Then I would call out my demon minions and I would let fire and sulphur rain down from the heavens, burning the alliance scum into a crisp. I would burn them alive, possibly let one of them escape with his life to spread fear of Belthazzar into the heart of the alliance forces. Then I would free my friends and we would together march on Ogrimar, to once again fight some alliance scum.

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

Yes.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!
Back to top Go down
Gor'Thrak

Gor'Thrak

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty19/2/2013, 20:32

The name reminds me of this guy.. Hm! /peer
Back to top Go down
Shriukan
Warcaller
Shriukan

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty19/2/2013, 22:01

Ooooooh I wonder how he deals with shamans.

*stormseer stamp of approval*

Whisper us for an IC interview.
Back to top Go down
Belthazzar

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty19/2/2013, 22:04

Gor'Thrak wrote:
The name reminds me of Balnazzar[/url][/u].. Hm! /peer

Aperantly I cannot post links on the forum, so I have had to remove half the answer. You will have to look up the things yourself if you want.

Most names has been used in the history of litterature and movies. I did not know that Blizzard had used a similar one, but I really do not find it a problem.

First of all - it is becomming a bit hard to get a good name at this server, as so much is taken. I might have tested somewhere aaround 40-50 names before trying this one.
The name I have taken is not inspired by that "similar" one used by Blizzard. This name, just as so many others, have been used through history of litterature, movies and stories.
To begin with, Balthazar or Belshazzar (depending what language you translate from, ancient hebrew doed not have the same alphabet as we do today) is supposed to be the name of the last king of the ancient babylonia, and it figures in the bible. You can find ifo of this guy on wikipeda.
The name Balthazor was the name for a warlock in the series Bewitched, and the name "balthazar" is one of the good guys in the movie "The sorcerers apprentice". You can find clips of both on youtube.
I have read several fantasy books that used similar names. In reallity, any name that a person has, someone has been named something similar sometime. Most good character names I can think of I have heard, or read, something similar. And yes, I have read quite a bit of fantasy books.

In conclusion - Blizzard did not use this name, and I did not try to name after that npc. I like the name that I managed to get, I do not think it was wrong and I will not make a name change because a npc aperantly has a similar sounding name.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty19/2/2013, 23:31

Chill out dude.

He said it reminded him of something not that you were a shameless copycat.
Back to top Go down
Shriukan
Warcaller
Shriukan

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty19/2/2013, 23:40

I think he was merely joking about the similarity and how he will keep an eye on your to make sure you're not a dreadlord Razz

But kewl explanation nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Gor'Thrak

Gor'Thrak

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty19/2/2013, 23:56

Grim wrote:
Chill out dude.

He said it reminded him of something not that you were a shameless copycat.

This.
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty20/2/2013, 11:14

Looks good.

Since none of the orcs have jumped to the opportunity, the responsibility will have to fall to me...

ORC ORC ORC
Back to top Go down
Belthazzar

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty20/2/2013, 15:44

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh. I do not demand the same from others, but for me the naming process is very important when I make a character. Unfortunantly someone who comments a name that I selected risk getting a rather long lecture about it... Smile

Thought you guys took that very serious, and that the comment about a name sounding like someones elses was very important. My bad!

As for interview, I might be able to get online tonight, I will most definently be online tomorrow night but then I am travelling a few days. Will most likely be online a bit on sunday again though.
Back to top Go down
Gor'Thrak

Gor'Thrak

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty20/2/2013, 16:15

Effort is good, and I look forward to having another Orc in the guild!

If you're interested in names something that can be worth noting is the following:
Wowpedia.org wrote:
Orcish surnames are usually derived from great acts or merits a previous ancestor was lauded for, but some exceptional orcs earn their own surnames (Kilrogg Deadeye, Kargath Bladefist), and many prefer to use the names of their fathers (Thrall, Son of Durotan). Only the family leader can hold an eponymous title (For example, there can only be one Doomhammer or Deadeye at a time), and the rest of the clan identify themselves through their line of birth.

Two types of orc names appear to have arisen: two syllables separated by an apostrophe and a simple name shortened from a longer one. The two-syllable ones- Gul'dan, Drak'Thul, Dal'Rend - appear to have initially been only used for spellcaster, but was later exported.

The second type was highly cultural; only those with powers over the warrior could use their full name, such as Shamans and chieftains, or the orc's personal religious leader. For example Brox's full name was Broxigar, a term which he allowed only Tyrande and Krasus to use. Grom Hellscream's full name was Grommash, which Mannoroth used to address him as demonstration that Hellscream was his. This is very inconsistent, however, most of the known orcish names (such as Durotan, Orgrim, Nazgrel, Kargath) are never documented being used in short forms.
Not saying that anything is wrong about it, as seen in the text not all are like that, but this is the most common and I thought that you might find it a bit interesting.
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty20/2/2013, 16:34

Belthazzar wrote:
for me the naming process is very important when I make a character.
Same here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty20/2/2013, 16:47

It's all good Belthazzar, just keep calm and carry on. A sense of humour is definately required in the Marauders!

Whisper any Marauder for directions to an officer to sort out an interview. No rush, contact us when you're free Smile
Back to top Go down
Belthazzar

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty20/2/2013, 18:13

Gor'Thrak wrote:
Effort is good, and I look forward to having another Orc in the guild!

If you're interested in names something that can be worth noting is the following:
Wowpedia.org wrote:
Orcish surnames are usually derived from great acts or merits a previous ancestor was lauded for, but some exceptional orcs earn their own surnames (Kilrogg Deadeye, Kargath Bladefist), and many prefer to use the names of their fathers (Thrall, Son of Durotan). Only the family leader can hold an eponymous title (For example, there can only be one Doomhammer or Deadeye at a time), and the rest of the clan identify themselves through their line of birth.

Two types of orc names appear to have arisen: two syllables separated by an apostrophe and a simple name shortened from a longer one. The two-syllable ones- Gul'dan, Drak'Thul, Dal'Rend - appear to have initially been only used for spellcaster, but was later exported.

The second type was highly cultural; only those with powers over the warrior could use their full name, such as Shamans and chieftains, or the orc's personal religious leader. For example Brox's full name was Broxigar, a term which he allowed only Tyrande and Krasus to use. Grom Hellscream's full name was Grommash, which Mannoroth used to address him as demonstration that Hellscream was his. This is very inconsistent, however, most of the known orcish names (such as Durotan, Orgrim, Nazgrel, Kargath) are never documented being used in short forms.
Not saying that anything is wrong about it, as seen in the text not all are like that, but this is the most common and I thought that you might find it a bit interesting.

Thanks for this, it was really interesting!
As I am not good enough on Blizzrd orc lore, I went for the background story with an orc who got bannished from his clan and stripped of his name. I am not sure if that would meen that you only lost the right to use the CLAN name, or your own as well. But as your personal name once were given to you by the clan, I went for that option. The name that my character calls himself by is taken by himself - even if it would be that he got stripped by it or that he wanted to make a complete new life after getting rejected by the clan.

The clan young clan member "died", and from the ashes the warlock Belthazzar stood up.

Yes, I agree that the story is not perfect, but it is so much warcraft lore that I do not know. At least I made a try at this.
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty20/2/2013, 18:37

Your name is just fine Belthazzar. If we had to decline every recruit that had a name that was used somewhere on the internet, in movies etc, we would end up with very few recruits.

The story for your orc is also just fine.

Looking forward to see you with us.
Back to top Go down
Gor'Thrak

Gor'Thrak

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty20/2/2013, 18:49

Names can also come from deeds that they've done, or from the test some clans hold when the Orcs are supposed to mark them advancing on into adulthood. The most common way to hold this test is by sending the Orc into the wilds without weapons or much armour so that he or she may defeat an animal/a beast of his/her choice. Then upon ariving back at the camp within a certain amount of hours the Orc is granted a name befitting his/her choice of prey and the way that it was performed.
For example Gor'Thrak was named Bloodaxe in life as he had slain many in battle (Although the major factor was that he killed his own brother) and used an axe to do so. In undeath he got the name Frosthowl from defeating a pack of wolves in the Storm Peaks.
This means that Belthazzar could get a surname befitting what happened when being rejected by his clan, or perhaps what he did afterwards? As he turned towards dark sorcery it could perhaps be something the lines of something a bit grim (Black, sorrow, twisted, bleeding, grin, eye, snake, etc.). Just combine two words that sound nice together and describe him somewhat.

I hope this'll help you with a surname! I should perhaps have taken this elsewhere though.. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Gor'Thrak

Gor'Thrak

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty20/2/2013, 19:44

Interviewed and recruited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belthazzar´s aplication   Belthazzar´s aplication Empty

Back to top Go down

Belthazzar´s aplication
Page 1 of 1