The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Application for Ossyan Drathir

Go down 
+2
erwtenpeller
Daii
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Daii

Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty
PostSubject: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty8/2/2013, 21:10

Hello there. I submit my application for your consideration. Please understand that I will be re rolling on this server but would level to 90 within a month. Thanks for your time!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

My Name is Ossyan Drathir, Son of Dar'Khan Drathir of the Sin'dorei. I now refuse to acknowledge any ancestry from that line since my fathers corruption.

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?

Since the great betrayal at the hands of the Alliance I, like my brother sin'dorei have pledged my body and mind to the horde. My vow has not altered

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

Brought up in one of the great sin'dorei houses in Quel'Thalas by the brightest tutors of magic in Azeroth I was destined for greatness. My place in the Violet Citadel, among the Kirin Tor was assured. However, my fathers treachery has blackened my family name. I am unwelcome among my kin and now have to find a place for myself among Garrosh's horde.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?

I have lost none of my magical lore gained whilst at the great academy in Quel'Thalas. With the loss of the Sunwell I. like my kin, believed that my time had passed. With the loss of the source of all my power i was forced to find new fonts from which to draw my power upon, Lest I descend into madness like the wretched that now plague my homeland. This unending search to sate my hunger almost led me to destruction at the hands of Twilight's Hammer operatives during the Cataclysm. It was only the fortuitous arrival of the horde in the Twilight Highlands that spared me that day. A lesson in loyalty which i will not soon forget...

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Put me in the vanguard of any conflict, put an Alliance dog under my blade and you will see the strength of sin'doreian conviction. I live to serve the Horde.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
Please contact Archmage Aethas Sunreaver at your earliest convenience for a full reference.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I seek to restore the Drathir family name, and believe that by proving myself among esteemed company I may do that.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

I have no war experience, i am but a scholar in the ways of the arcane. However, I am eager to prove the strength of my legacy through might of arms if necessary.

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
I was brought up to respect three things. Honor, legacy and friendship. How could we respect our capitol if we left our allies to die whilst defending it? We would be undeserving of such a place. I would ride to aid my allies.

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

Understood
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty9/2/2013, 11:29

Answers for the in-character section look good!

But please also fill out the out of character section of the questionnaire:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty9/2/2013, 11:33

Hello there. I noticed you put yourself up as Darkhan Drathir's child. Many rp'ers will not like that fact that another rp'er claims to be related to major lore characters.

A way to maybe go around it, while still keeping the Drathir name is to not have your character be the son of this rather important character, but maybe just a far out family member. That way many rp'ers wont feel so bitchy, and you can still have your mission going to redeem your family name. Again, just suggestions Smile

Good luck with the application.
Back to top Go down
Daii

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty9/2/2013, 12:10

damn copy and paste!

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)

I have been roleplaying, outside of WoW since i was 15. Thats 17 years im ashamed to admit! I first started with Vampire the Masquerade before moving on to Live Action roleplaying in my early twenties. I have no experience of in game roleplay aside from what myself and real life friends have put together from time to time.

2) Why do you want to join us?

Im looking for a new experience in WoW. Been playing since day one and always felt that the RP element was being totally overlooked. However, after speaking with one of your members this opinion has shifted. Id like to be a part of this.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Total immersion within a character and background governed by GM's or a ready made setting. Also having fun whilst doing so is important Smile

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?

Creativity, intelligence and a sense of adventure

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have

Very little recent raiding experience. LFR last expansion and MC in vanilla. I would be interested in getting involved.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these.

Not a great deal of experience. I would prefer there to be more outdoor RPPVP which i would be very interested in

7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)

An in game chat with a member.
Back to top Go down
Daii

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty9/2/2013, 12:14

You're absolutely correct. Id figured that Darkhan was a minor enough character to get away with! I do love his place in the lore though and felt it gave me a righteous reason to slay him at 20 Smile

Would it be reasonable to be of the house of Drathir? Hid line but of not direct decent?

Thanks for your help in this

Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty9/2/2013, 12:28

Daii wrote:
You're absolutely correct. Id figured that Darkhan was a minor enough character to get away with! I do love his place in the lore though and felt it gave me a righteous reason to slay him at 20 Smile
This is another tricky thing. Since every blood elf slays him at level 20, in role-play we generally stay away from what happened in quests, and make sure our characters where somewhere else, or a not-important bystander during major (and minor) lore developments. It would get mighty awkward if someone claimed to have slain him in a conversation, and then the second blood elf walks up and goes "Nay, it was me who has slain the foul betrayer!".

Awkward looks are exchanged.
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty9/2/2013, 12:32

Yea. Being in the Drathir line, being a far out relative could work just fine.

But as Erwtenpeller mentions. Do not claim to have killed him. Rather say you might have been present when he was killed. One of many. This opens it up to others who might have had the same idea as you.
Back to top Go down
Daii

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty9/2/2013, 12:42

Oh of course. I was thinking from a personal, OOC, point of view! Im happy to fit in with lore where needed, Just wanted to show some creativity and evidence of imagination Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordai

Mordai

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty10/2/2013, 16:17

Hello there Daii :-) We spoke ingame some days ago.. Im glad you found your way to this site of ours and wrote an app.. It looks very good :-)
And yeah, about the lore, your story might conflict with the main lore.. But with a few adjustments you should be fine.. I can tell by what you have written that you seem both interested and serious about RP.. And that is awesome :-)
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty12/2/2013, 14:08

tsk tsk. Officers are so slow!

Dont worry Daii! I'm sure someone will answer the application soon Smile
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty12/2/2013, 14:12

Don't be afraid to just reach out and contact any marauder in-game, or just hobble on by Booty Bay, where we're stationed. I've found the best way to get started is always to just... Get started. Wink
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty12/2/2013, 14:20

Yeah apologies for the lack off officer comments.

Provided you're happy with the changes suggested then we're happy to have you! Poke any Marauder for directions to an officer for an interview etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Daii

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty12/2/2013, 20:52

Heh it's no problem at all. Are you ok with me leveling in guild? I'm happy to either transfer another character or level outside and then join when I'm the appropriate level
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty12/2/2013, 21:04

We love characters of all levels and walks of life!
Back to top Go down
Shriukan
Warcaller
Shriukan

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty12/2/2013, 23:37

Interviewed and ginvited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for Ossyan Drathir   Application for Ossyan Drathir Empty

Back to top Go down

Application for Ossyan Drathir
Page 1 of 1