The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zaffre - Of the melancholy melody.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaffre

Zaffre

Zaffre - Of the melancholy melody. Empty
PostSubject: Zaffre - Of the melancholy melody.   Zaffre - Of the melancholy melody. Empty1/12/2012, 19:24

OUT OF CHARACTER
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)

I've for the most part done RP in a inn setting, bar room chats and the like, however I had a few events too (D&D styled, emote rolling and so on)

2) Why do you want to join us?

I'm keen on joining an RP guild, however there are a lot to pick from, I'm fairly new to this server and had originally sought a belf only RP guild but that fell through, so on a second look I noticed you, what you do, the PvP team, the raiding opportunity, it just looks like a much more well rounded experience.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?

Assuming the role of a character in an environment and behaving accordingly to that persona's attitude toward what is happening around them

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?

Flexibility, alot of people know their lore and view RP as an oppertunity to troll and behave like a cunt behind the guise of an "IC persona" being able to meet these type of RP'ers and not let them get under you're skin and continue to treat what's going on ICly, I think that is the mark of a very good RP'er.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have

Yes, and... Well not a lot. I've done the LFR, the odd PuG and such and even went through Uldum when it was still progress (I want to say Uldum.. I should really double check the name, but you know what I mean) I enjoyed the real raid team much more, learning new fights, the progress, the win and the banter attracted me to it. I picked up things quickly, I don't rage and I've got a coffee machine next to my PC. I'm in it to win it >8< Spider pride.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these

Yes, and again... Not a lot, I've leveled as blood on my DK for the most part, when I first hit Pandaria I got my face smashed as frost, like super duper yeti punched, so I've been PvP'ing as blood, and now trying to get the hang of unholy, but I'm not back to work till late January and I plan to grind the shit out of that PvP set and get started learning the ropes (Got my crafted set already )

((IN CHARACTER))
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

I don't recall ever being given one, my rebirth was a confusing time, I have been called many things, many of which I doubt suitable for repeating, in my hunting grounds I was known as the Zaffre Death Knight, You may address me as such and I will reciprocate accordingly. As for my race, I am an Undead, it's my assumption, given my physical appearance I was of elven decent, though if I fell before, or after they began to feed upon Fel is unknown to me, sufficed to say for now, I am Dorei, Sin or Quel is of little consequence.

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?

It is the very reason I have come to you, I MUST fight, it is as vital to me as breath, suffering and agony sustain the fragile threads of sanity that weave my consciousness, I will fight for you, though should your war ever come to an end, I will be forced to leave you. I offer you my endless hunger, set it loose upon you're enemies and know their souls suffer eternally within my Runeblade.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

Before my rebirth, I remember nothing. Since gaining my freedom I have hunted alone in the ruins of dead city's, feeding on the souls of wanderers. I have no "Hobbies" Though I often listen to a melody on a small music box, it gives me a sense of peace, I think... It's difficult to describe.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?

I have mastered the art of Blood magic and Unholy, I have found my blood techniques to be particularly useful in dealing with melee oriented fighters, while unholy serves me well to fend off the more magically orientated combatants. I am adaptable and resourceful.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?

As an Undead, I'm incapable of cowardice, emotion does not rule my actions. If victory is impossible, I will retreat. If retreat is not possible, I will ensure my defeat at least leaves them weak enough to ensure those who follow waste as little strength as possible dispatching them; I am loyal to my hunger and will not bite the hand that feeds me. Strength if something of a moot point, I can crush a Taurens skull with my barehands. The more I feed, the more in tuned with the Unholy I become and my strength grows.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?

Being formally a member of a fairly successful warband, I think it makes for a glowing reference; That was a joke. I'm strong, capable and have a powerful compulsion to inflict pain and suffering, I suspect this qualifies me, if not I am willing to adapt.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?

I must feed, I also must have allies, to hunt alone at this stage would be a road to destruction, however... I'm also at a lose, to hunt such strong soul's, these figures have roles and parts to play in the tapestry of fate; what right do I, one who is no longer of the cycle of things, have to meddle in such things. So I decided that I would commit my hunger toward the goals of the Sin'Dorei, the Horde by proxy.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

I was called Death Knight; if I had a rank outside of that title I was not aware of it. The battles are one long blur of carnage and brutality. It is what I suspect a dream is like for the living. If you have anything to teach me, I am ready to learn.

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?

One soldiers contribution toward defending a city from a siege is minor, I can achieve the most by attempting to rescue my comrades and then returning with them to the city with a larger force. I say comrades because I do not indulge in friendship, soldiers are resources, spend them wisely. This is my morality.

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

I understand and will abide by your rules, so long as they do not interfere with my own personal needs. The very core of cooperation is mutual gain.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

Zaffre - Of the melancholy melody. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaffre - Of the melancholy melody.   Zaffre - Of the melancholy melody. Empty1/12/2012, 20:04

A well thought out application. I like it quite a lot.

Contact any Marauder for directions to an officer Smile
Back to top Go down

Zaffre - Of the melancholy melody.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shatterskull Marauders :: Public Forums :: Applications-
Jump to: