The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harjuna Halfhorn

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jean-Baptiste de Gouille

Jean-Baptiste de Gouille

Harjuna Halfhorn Empty
PostSubject: Harjuna Halfhorn   Harjuna Halfhorn Empty22/7/2012, 20:07

1) Please note any RP experience you have

I have been roleplaying on the server Defias Brotherhood for roughly a year now. My most well known character is probably Thelos, a Draenei priest, on which I have been very active on the defiasrp.com community, organizing events and promoting Draenei roleplay. Besides my time spend roleplaying on WoW, I have participated in a great many play-by-post roleplaying games, and have enjoyed the occasional classical pen-and-paper gaming with friends.

2) Why do you want to join us?

I recently attended a brainstorming session two of your members (Jahzeem and Bloedneus) in which they mocked up some ideas for events they wanted to host in the near future. Their enthusiasm was highly infectious. Given that I have leveled and roleplayed with these two before, I would very much appreciate to be given the opportunity to sample your unique brand of roleplaying.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?

Recently I have come to understand roleplaying to be the natural extension and continuation of the make-belief we all did as kids on the playground. Whether we use dolls, lego's, wooden sticks, or complicated video-games situated in a fictional universe with years of history, make-belief is essentially an exercise of the imagination that is emotionally involving beyond comparison.

Of course, as adults, we now have the added bonus of being able to weave a coherent narrative, and explore more complicated ideas and emotions beyond “Who is king of which mound of sand”, though to be fair it often comes down to exactly that.

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?

The two most important qualities for a good role-player are, in my opinion, imagination and empathy.

Imagination, because roleplaying is in the first place an exercise in imaging, and without imagination, one can never truly get absorbed by their own character. An unimaginative roleplayer is like an obese athlete. It just does not work. One needs imagination to create a compelling and interesting character, and one needs even more imagination to be able to continue telling stories with this character that are not only involving for the player controlling them, but also for the other players who have to interact with it.

Empathy, because roleplaying is essential a co-operative enterprise. Nobody roleplays with npcs, because let's face it, those don't really talk back. Roleplay always takes at least two. Therefore, a good roleplayer will need to be able to be considerate towards other player's needs, and respect your fellows as equal players. This demand for respect takes on many forms, of which the most commonly known is perhaps a little thing we call godmoting. A player who respects other players will not makes his character so powerful as to deny other characters any significant play. A respect player will make sure to keep things fair and fun for everyone – after all, we all have to play in the same sandbox, and knocking over the other kid's sandcastle will only make it harder to build a kingdom to play knights in.

Knowledge of lore and the know-how of storytelling and tropes are things that every doofus can pick up, so I consider such knowledge not as important as imagination and empathy.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have.

The main thing I wish to get out of this guild is roleplay. I have known, however, to enjoy raiding in the past: I have been raiding at the hardcore cutting-edge level from Vanilla all the way to the Lich King, only to dedicate myself to full-time roleplaying in Cataclysm. Who knows? The spark might yet ignite. For now, however, I consider myself retired.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these.

I have known to join the ocassional battle-ground and some worldPVP, but on the whole, am not a very capable PvPer, and I'd say it is the aspect of the game I probably enjoy the least.

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

Harjuna of the Halfhorn tribe.

Tauren.

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?

Yes.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

I am Harjuna, Brave of the Deepwell Tribe.

I fight against enemies of the tribe, the Horde, and the Earthmother.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?

I can throw my spear very far. Amongst my tribe, I am known as “Harjuna of the throwing-arm”, because I can throw my spear farther than any one. In my village, I hold the record for the farther thrown spear, having thrown it farther than any one.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?

I am strong warrior. Good throwing-arm. I can throw my spear farther than any one.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?

In need gold.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

I fought under the late Chieftan of the Bloodhoof Tribe against the pink-skin invaders. I have also been defending my village against quilboar invaders for many years.

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?

Forsaking brothers in-arms is dishonorable.

I could not return to the Bluffs a shamed Tauren.

So, I would help my friends and allies.

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

Harjuna Halfhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harjuna Halfhorn   Harjuna Halfhorn Empty22/7/2012, 20:44

Yes! Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Himo
Chieftain
Himo