The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maximusi

Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas. Empty
PostSubject: Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas.   Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas. Empty5/6/2012, 20:21

OOC questions:

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)

I used to be part of the Grey Company, a guild on Ravenholdt, after a while we moved to Defias Brotherhood because RP was dying on Ravenholdt, then several officers quit the game and now here I am, the last active member of the guild. So I thought it was time for a fresh start, and this seemed the place to be... I've also been doing some miscellanous RP on both Ravenholdt and Defias Brotherhood with random players, mostly in Silvermoon, I've also attended a couple of RP events here on DB.

2) Why do you want to join us?

Because my guild has gone inactive. I want to join The Shatterskull Marauders because I really like military RP and world PvP, you also remind me of my old guild a lot, very active, many events (I hope) and a close-knit yet large and active community.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?

Seeing the gaming world through the eyes of your character and acting as if you ARE him. Putting yourself in the mind of your character and thinking: what would HE do? Create your own reality, and put yourself in it.

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?

Ability to perfectly describe your surroundings and anything that happens around you, visualizing yourself as your character and being able to make yourself and those around you believe they're in a different world.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have?

For now I don't think I'd like to start raiding yet, I don't have that much experience in PvE and I just came back to WoW after a small break. I'm also still wearing 4.2 gear and I have yet to convert that into 4.3. I do think that later on I might like to start raiding.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these

Yes I am, but I have only been in 3 or 4 arena teams, which were random teams. Only done RBG's once, I also still have to gear up for 4.3, but I'm working on that and I'll try to build some more experience.

IC questions:
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

I am Maximus Milan of the house of Dawnstrider, he who walks the dawn and Master of the Blood Knight order. I hail from Quel'Thalas, one of the Sin'dorei, in the Orcish tongue you call me a Blood elf.

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?

With all my strength I will, that is why I am here, of course. I have fought many times for my nation and I am not afraid of any enemy I will encounter.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

Well, I grew up in Quel'thalas, born to a noble magister and raised as quite a privileged child, my father tells me we are cousins of the Windrunners, or used to be... So I suppose that makes sense. I am now one of the last Dawnstriders, as far as I'm informed. After the Third War and the sacking of Quel'Thalas by the scourge there was almost nothing left for me, I joined the army of Prince Kael'thas and fought in the Alliance's name but our fighting was rewarded with treachery. They threw us in the dungeons to rot. Luckily, we were saved and we set off to Outland, once there we were exposed to all sorts of vile things. I hated it. It was nothing like Eversong. After a while I returned back to Silvermoon with Grand Magister Rommath and his contingent of magisters. I helped rebuild my homeland and joined the Blood Knights. Then I was sent away to Outland once again, but now things were different, I was fighting for the Horde and against Kael'thas. After the Outland campaign I returned home and resumed training with the Blood Knights. Then, in response to Lady Sylvanas' requests of a Blood elf army which would be sent to Northrend, I was deployed once again, this time in the domain of the Scourge, in order to reinforce the the other troops that were deployed in the Northrend campaign.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?

I am a Master of the Blood Knight order and highly sufficient in armed combat, when I was younger my magister father trained me in the arts of the arcane which I still use these days to complement my powers of the Holy Light. In combat I am very calm which helps me spot any mistakes my opponent makes and allows me to counter-attack with precision.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?

Hopefully, by means of combat with the Alliance, I have seen people abandon their homes, children and elders in order to save their own hides back during the Third War. It disgusted me and I have no intention of being anything close to what they are. I will do anything you ask of me and more and I will do it without making any complaints, that I swear.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?

I have a lot of experience in combat and war and I think of myself as a very disciplined and obedient person, unless the order goes against my morals explicitly.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?

To fight for the Horde, to avenge my people and to protect my homeland from those who would do it harm, whoever that may be.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

During the Second war I attained my first experience in war, I defended my homeland against the attacks of the Orcish Horde as a Knight of the Silver Hand. My second war experience was gained when I was defending my homeland once again against the Scourge onslaught led by the Lich King, still a Knight of the Silver Hand. After the Third War I participated in many deployments, most important being the Outland and Northrend campaign, in which I participated as a member of the Blood Knight order, fighting for the Horde.

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?

I would try to rescue my friends, in the long run, I could use them to aid me in helping defend Silvermoon. I Silvermoon was being lain siege to, I could only do so much on my own.

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

Yes, I consider myself very patient and disciplined, I will show respect to my superiors and fellow Marauders.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas.   Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas. Empty5/6/2012, 22:00

Thanks for the app!

As long as you can get used to hearing tales of an officer of the Marauders from the olden days also called Maximus all will be well!

Head on down to Ratchet and find some of us for an IC interview, whisper any Marauder for directions to an officer or wait and one of us will track you down and organise one Smile
Back to top Go down
Sakarah
Admin
Sakarah

PostSubject: Re: Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas.   Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas. Empty5/6/2012, 22:02

I nearly died. Then rebirthed again.

Like druids do yo.

Anyway, yeah, get in touch.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas.   Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas. Empty8/6/2012, 11:47

Recruited and invited!
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

PostSubject: Re: Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas.   Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas. Empty8/6/2012, 16:01

The one thing that irks me is him calling himself a "master" of the blood knight order. I can't imagine why a master of the order would be fighting for a marauding war-bad, they belong with their own order.

He could have fallen out of grace and kind of hiding, sure. Or maybe his ego is so out of whack he thinks himself to be much grander then he actually is.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas.   Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas. Empty8/6/2012, 16:46

Or 'master' is an honorific designating having reached a level of training and experience higher than the 'average' and there are all sorts of reasons why ic a 'master' would join SSM. To spread the good word, to test his resolve and skills against different foes, disagreements with the Blood Knight order forcing him to leave town, etc.
'Master' could even just signify he was a trainer of recruit Blood Knights, and has now left to get some battle experience after so long spent shouting at noobs.

Almost anything and everything can be explained ic. If his app had stated he was Illidan's dad, chief blood knight of the universe it would be a different story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas.   Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas. Empty

Back to top Go down

Maximus, the Paladin of Quel'Thalas.
Page 1 of 1