The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Néri

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Néri

Néri Empty
PostSubject: Néri   Néri Empty4/6/2012, 21:54

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I've played WoW on and off since 2006, always in a RP guild, leading and following. So I'm quite familiar with it!

2) Why do you want to join us?
OOC: I've wanted to make a troll for some time, and now that I got time, I did! I'm looking for a friendly guild with social people above all, with focus on RP but PvP as well. Apparently the Shatterskulls fits this description perfectly. Could it be love?

IC: Néri and her companion have come through quite an ordeal (another person who will be applying too - we'll probably write a story about it), and are looking for safety in numbers and people to team up with. A new home, so to speak. And no, it's not a cliché!

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Immersing yourself in a role, playing out situations as they come, planned or not.

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Imagination, the capability to adapt to surprising situations. Originality and open-mindedness.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Well I did do Molten Core and AQ in Vanilla a few times... No raiding for now really. We'll see!

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
PvP is great and kicking ass even better. No matter what type, shape or form of PvP, I'm down. In my experience, WPvP leads to great RP as well!

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

I be Néri of da northern mountains' troll tribe, near Winterspring. ((I have no idea of troll locations, please help me out!))

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I fight for da people I care about, an’ hopefully dat could be you folk.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I enjoy smashin’ skulls and pretty much e’rythin dat involves bleedin’ elves. Dere’s just somethin’ ‘bout dem! If not fightin’, I enjoy cuddlin’. An’ food!

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I have all da required body parts – da arms and da head! Da latter make me deadly.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Anytin’ ya’ll have me do, I’ll do it. Hopefully sometin nice an’ bloody! Or warm an’ cozy..

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I am smarter dan your average dumb orc with his hackin’ an’ slashin’. An’ I let no harm come to ma friends or companions!
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Me an’ ma.. friend.. are lookin’ for a bunch of people we can stay wit’. Company, safety, all dat. We like it togetha, but is’ a dangerous world out dere.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
Just fightin for myself and whoeva’s been wit’ me. Of course I fought with ma tribe back in da day, but dat was a long time ago.. Is’ something I’ve been doin’ all the time since then though, so I’m pretty good at it!
Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?

I reckon’ da capital don’t need one more troll swingin’.. ma friends though, dey have nobody else I guess? I’d help ma companions first, den we’d go together and be of more help! Smart, eh? Eh? Mm!

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

I am prepared.. one must start from da bottom, right? Néri’s a good troll.. she’ll be useful. Ya’ll see.
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

Néri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Néri   Néri Empty4/6/2012, 22:43

Hello there. Just contact an officer ingame for an interview Smile
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

Néri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Néri   Néri Empty5/6/2012, 00:35

Invited and interviewed!
Back to top Go down
Hikka
Warcaller
Hikka

Néri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Néri   Néri Empty8/6/2012, 11:46

If I understood right, you are a frost/ice troll?

I couldn't find any info and can't remember there being any ice troll tribes in Kalimdor Smile

In Eastern Kingdoms there is atleast two ice troll tribes lorewise:

Frostmane tribe's trolls from Dun Morogh and Winterax tribe's trolls, who used to invade Alterac Valley, but I found text about these that most of them have disappeared and common belief is that most of them just joined back with the Drakkari.

In Northrend there are Drakkari trolls and some smaller ice troll tribes with them, like Winterfang tribe.

This is all I know about Ice trolls and their locations Smile Hope this helped you!
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

Néri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Néri   Néri Empty8/6/2012, 15:55

The most important thing I know about ice trolls is that they are not a part of the horde, and as such would receive a lot of hostility, especially from rival trolls such as the Darkspear trible, who are the actual horde trolls.

Playing anything but a darkspear should have a great impact on your rp. There is for example, no reason fro your character to be able to speak orcish.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

Néri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Néri   Néri Empty8/6/2012, 16:52

Also, Ice Trolls are significantly larger than Darkspear Trolls.

Another friendly Troll tribe are the Revantusk, who aren't quite part of the Horde but consider themselves allies of the Horde.
Chryso, for example, is a Revantusk Troll.

That being said, TRP and other similar addons can be used to show a character is bigger, taller than the norm and there's every chance that an Ice Troll shaman would seek the Horde out in order to learn how to contact the spirits in a different way. Knowledge is power!
The Orcish language is a 'lingua franca' for much of Azeroth (though to a lesser extent than Common is), again its not beyond belief for random characters to have a working knowledge of it.

An Ice Troll who hears the spirits and the elements might not get on with their own tribe, who famously killed their own Loas in order to fight the Lich King. They may be horrified at what their own kind did and so chose to flee to the warmer southlands.
After many trials and skirmishes the poor lonely Ice Troll has picked up enough Orcish to get by and finds themself 'safely' in neutral Ratchet. There they can find the Marauders, who will happily recruit such a large and ferocious looking troll!
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

Néri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Néri   Néri Empty8/6/2012, 17:58

Grim wrote:
The Orcish language is a 'lingua franca' for much of Azeroth (though to a lesser extent than Common is), again its not beyond belief for random characters to have a working knowledge of it.
Only to make game mechanics work. but Orcish is an alien language from another world, only introduced to Kalimdor a couple of decades ago. I doubt it's reach and influence is big enough to arbitrarily spread to ice troll tribes.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

Néri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Néri   Néri Empty8/6/2012, 18:10

I'm sure its physically possible to learn it, and even probable if someone is exposed to it for an extended period.
After all, blood elves, Darkspear trolls, the Forsaken, goblins and tauren all managed to learn it.
Back to top Go down
Néri

Néri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Néri   Néri Empty9/6/2012, 15:52

Grim wrote:
there's every chance that an Ice Troll shaman would seek the Horde out in order to learn how to contact the spirits in a different way.

An Ice Troll who hears the spirits and the elements might not get on with their own tribe, who famously killed their own Loas in order to fight the Lich King. They may be horrified at what their own kind did and so chose to flee to the warmer southlands.
After many trials and skirmishes the poor lonely Ice Troll has picked up enough Orcish to get by and finds themself 'safely' in neutral Ratchet. There they can find the Marauders, who will happily recruit such a large and ferocious looking troll!
My thoughts were something along this line.

Thanks everyone for clearing things up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Néri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Néri   Néri Empty

Back to top Go down

Néri
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shatterskull Marauders :: Public Forums :: Applications-
Jump to: