The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tamaria Darksun

Go down 
+2
Grim
Tamardia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tamardia

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty16/5/2012, 22:00

OUT OF CHARACTER

As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I have RP'd in a while, both in and outside of WoW, and RP'd pretty much on Argent Dawn with my main.

2) Why do you want to join us?
I have looked around for a guild with a nice environment and someplace to call home. I'm interested in raiding with both my girls, and I'd love ot learn to PvP even if I'm currently terrible at it, as well as having someplace to roleplay with nice and interesting people.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
To do what you think is best for your character, and have fun with it.

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
I've lived with their personalities for a long time, and I see myself in both of them.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Yes, I do wish to raid, particularly on Tamaria since my main is also a hunter. My main have several times been in Vanilla/BC raids, ICC, Ulduar. She have yet to do any current content, but mostly since the air on the server is not so good.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I do not PvP often, and I generally don't do it good, but I wish to learn.

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
You can call me Tammy. If my ears aren't proof enough as to my heritage .. *tips her ears and smiles a little* I'm a Sin'Dorei. *there is a low growl from her feet* Oh, and this is Dark. She's a wolf.

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I will fight. And so will Dark and her sisters.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Well .. I grew up in Eversong, and I very rarely ventured to Silvermoon. I'm grown up with my pets and my family. My father left to explore Draenor, but he haven't gotten back yet, and my mother passed away when the Cataclysm came. So I decided to take my lovelies and pick up arms to fight for the freedom I want. I despise the fel and the addiction it have gotten many of my people into, and therefor I chose to fight without magic at all. My bow and my pets are all I need.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I have been practicing Archery since I was a child, and Dark helps me by keeping the targets away from me. I do not consider my archery skills unique, but I would suppose that growing up close to the Scar and shoot skeletons from the front porch have given me a lot of training.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I will prove my lack of these by being a strong and true fighter. I do not run when the enemies come for me, I obey my commanders and I kill what needs to be killed, wounds or not.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I follow orders, my aim is true and I will fight for as long as my blood still runs in my veins and my breath are still not fleeing my lungs.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Because I would enjoy company on my adventures and quests, and because I believe I could be of use.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
One woman will not make much difference. I will help my friends and allies, then we can together ride for the city and give our united strenght.

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I will show my superiors the respect and obedience they deserve, no more and no less. However, I am willing to take any punishment if I would defy an order. I will rather get the skin whipped off my back and live to fight another day, than to go into a battle already lost.

OOC Note: She will follow orders from Forsaken or fellow Sin'Dorei. She might follow orders from someone else, but she will certainly show her disapproval in the matter, usually not enough to give a clear disobedience however.
Back to top Go down
Tamardia

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty16/5/2012, 22:01

As for sometimes mentioning two women, I might wish my lock to join the guild as well.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty17/5/2012, 17:00

Hullo!

Sorry for the late reply.

Nice app, I will say however that a character who gets huffy with being ordered around by non-elves may struggle somewhat in the Marauders.
There are currently only 2 elf officers, one of whom is missing in action. As a hunter your character is likely to be assigned to the Grove regiment, which means your character will have a troll, an orc and a tauren as their direct superior officers.

As long as in the short term you are prepared to take any IC punishments / issues that arise from getting stroppy with orders from the less civilised races we will welcome you with open arms OOC. What may be advisable for the long term is to consider your character's attitude towards the less civilised races mellowing somewhat through experience of working with them.

That being said, and without sounding harsh, a character who point blank refuses to obey orders from a non-elf will eventually be kicked out IC, and one who huffs and puffs and answers back will likely cause themselves trouble.
Bear all this in mind and take it all in good faith that its all IC and all will be well!

Other officery types - what do you think?
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty17/5/2012, 17:12

What Grim said.
Back to top Go down
Thrakha
Oathsworn
Thrakha

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty17/5/2012, 19:53

I have no problems with this in principle, however, please do bear in mind the points made by Grim & Catari.

Your chieftain will be an orc.

Please consider whether you're willing to deal with the drama that will occur when your character decides she doesn't need to follow orders from the Chief.

As well as punishment, this will potentially prevent any IC advancement within the guild at all, as all raw recruits looking to become full members are required to swear an oath including obedience to their officers.

This may also lead to an IC kick (still within the guild for OOC purposes but reduced to 'Outsider' rank, risk of being treated quite unpleasantly by IC Marauders).

Just be sure that you're okay with the risks of playing your character in that way.

Do also bear in mind that there are elf-based RP guilds on the server, and you should probably consider why your character's intending to join a warband founded and run by races she apparently despises.

That said, if you've considered these points and you're okay with that, feel free to confirm that in this thread, then talk to an officer for an IC interview.
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty18/5/2012, 11:56

As someone whose character is having some trouble with authority as well, I can vouch for this guid and their officers splendid way of handling it. I am very much enjoying this chapter in my characters "career" and regardless of outcome (acceptance or boot), it is the path towards that outcome that I am cherishing.
Back to top Go down
Tamardia

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty19/5/2012, 13:36

She will take any IC punishment yes, and she will learn. She are sometimes very ignorant against the other races, but she's not stupid and working with them will most certainly cause her to change her mind when she realizes they do not push her away just because she is 'different'.

Orcs she isn't certain of where to put in her head, since the orcs are also present on Draenor and she have not had any personal interaction with any. Due to the fact that they chased her ancestors, she is uncertain of wether she should be able to trust them or not.

Forsaken she understands, since they fight for the same reasons that the Sin'Dorei does, and since their leader is, even if a very dead one, an elf from the beginning.

Taurens she haven't had any interaction with either, but they are fairly neutral. Her people have never had any bigger fights with them, and the only reason as to why she wouldn't consider them completely neutral is because of the early on alliance with the orcs.

Trolls are the vilest form of the horde, in her head. However, she have only met Zeb'Watha trolls and fought them. She have yet to meet any Darkspears, and when she does she will most certainly change her mind.

Goblins ... She doesn't really know much about goblins. Once again they fall inte the bad category due to their allegiance with the orcs.

When I think of it, you might be correct that she doesn't fit in. I will think of it for a while, then send a message to one of the officers. Thanks for checking out my review and giving opinions. Smile
Back to top Go down
erwtenpeller
Marauder
erwtenpeller

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty19/5/2012, 13:39

Not fitting in is part of the fun. In the shatterskulls, nobudy really fits in. Thats why everyone can fit in.
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty19/5/2012, 13:40

Sounds good. If you feel you are up for trying, you contact us. If you should join, but end up getting removed, we will all know it is for purely IC reasons, and will never cause any bad blood at all. And who knows, you might like us so much that you'll return with an orc! Smile
Back to top Go down
Hikka
Warcaller
Hikka

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty21/5/2012, 09:27

Tamardia wrote:

Trolls are the vilest form of the horde, in her head. However, she have only met Zeb'Watha trolls and fought them. She have yet to meet any Darkspears, and when she does she will most certainly change her mind.

*Logs in with Hikka*

Ah' got ta see dis, mon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tamaria Darksun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamaria Darksun   Tamaria Darksun Empty

Back to top Go down

Tamaria Darksun
Page 1 of 1