The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Velose

Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue   Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue Empty1/5/2012, 23:27

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)

I have been around on Defias Brotherhood since before The Burning Crusade. I was originally part of ‘The Second Gurubashi Empire’ and reached the rank of Blood Letter within the guild (Which trust me, takes a lot of trust and roleplaying). With a few friends met through roleplay, we then went on to make the guild ‘The Bloodwatch Legion’. We were a very successful RP-WPVP guild and where around about 14 months.

After leaving that character behind I went on to be a big part of ‘The Orcs of the Red Blade’ during the Burning Crusade all the way into the Wrath of the Lich King. After quitting WoW for awhile I came back to find this account along with some of my beloved characters hacked.
After such a long break, I took it upon myself to see this as a sign and so started fresh on a new account. I played with some real life friend over on a non-RP server for quite some time and was main tank in our guild which, although I did enjoy greatly, felt like it was lacking something. That something was roleplay.

This is where Velose comes in. He is a new character on yet another completely new account and as it stands, is my main. I’ve really, REALLY enjoyed playing him so far and therefore will be sticking with him through to the next expansion and beyond!

2) Why do you want to join us?

As I chose to play an Undead Rogue, I was looking out of my comfort zone in terms of guilds on the server. I spoke to some people and asked where a poor little Forsaken could go. After a few names, I did my reading up and landed on you guys as the definitive best choice.
I loved ‘The Bloodwatch Legion’ loads and this guild seems to have the same vibe to you. I also did enjoy raiding, so that would absolutely be an added bonus.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?

It would have to be story driven fun. That’s what I love about Rping in WoW. It gives you a reason to play beyond where the next epic is coming from. It draws you in and makes you really connect with your character and also the other players around you. It also adds depth to anything you do. Now grinding that profession means that you can roleplay an Expert Blacksmith etc.

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?

Hmm... a toughie. I think what makes a good roleplayer is being realistic within the constraints you are given. You have to learn how to roleplay within your boundaries. No lazer beams out your eyes. But most of all just have fun with it and include everyone.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have

Ideally, yes. I am only currently level 55 so I’m a little bit off yet.

As for experience, I raided on my rogue back Pre-tbc. Not that I remember much of that now. I also was main tank for my guild throughout WOTLK and we managed to cover all the raids if I remember correctly. It was with a good set of people I had played with for several months so knew well, but we all worked really well together and basically I did what I was told!

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these

I am a bit of a casual PvPer if I am honest. I have never really got into it. I do like to level PvPing sometimes, just as a change but have never done any high end level PvP. I seem to always be out geared or out classed.

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.

My name is Velose Ethinn and I am a Forsaken. *bows*

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?

I have fought all my life! Well, my life and un-life, as it where. I now fight for the Horde proudly and I see no reason as to why I wouldn’t do the same under your banner.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.

“What to tell... what to tell... right. Want to hear how I got my nickname? Oh, I didn’t mention that? My friends call me ‘Roach’. Funny story this. I used to be a duelist before I was stuck through, as in I used to fight in front of a crowd for ‘honor’. I wasn’t the best at it... All the rich kids got to do a hell of a lot more training than I did. There was this one lad, the richest of all the fancy pancy boys I used to have to associate with. His name was ‘Nick Hanes’. Big brute of a boy he was, but fast as an arrow. Well, by some miracle I had made it to the final of the ‘Steel and Silver Dueling Tournaments’ ... A lot of people had a lot to say about this, what with my family having no money to back me with bribes.

I came up against Nick and as you had guessed, he kept knocking me down on my ass. But I didn’t want to let my family down, so I kept getting back up. I hurt all over, but by god, that slimey smirk on Nick’s face made my blood boil. I was fighting like a drunk by the end of it. I just remember the screams of Hanes fury as he spat at me "How many times do I have to crush you before you stop coming back, you bloody Cockroach!" After that comment, all I remember is thrusting my rapier forward with all my might, opening my eyes and seeing the not so smug Nick lying on the outside of the ring, grasping at his stomach and spitting bile.

After that everyone starting calling me Roach, with more than a wink towards Hane’s if he was ever close enough.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?

As I just told you, I was once a ‘fine’ duelist. *gives out a small chuckle* So I know my way around a blade. Also, after I left the farm and did my short run in the army, I was a scout, so I’m pretty good at sneaking and spying. I can also pick a pocket if that’s what needs doing, although where I learnt that is a story for another day.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?

You could put me in a ring. I could prove it that way. Or just knock me on my ass a few times and watch me get back up. All joking aside, I don’t think this is something you plan to show, it is only something that will show when the time is right. Perhaps I’ll save one of your lives, eh?

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?

Fighting’s what I did before I died and it’s what I’ve been doing since I died. I’m trained in Warfare so it only seems fitting to seek out the strongest warband and see if they’ll have me.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?

To fight alongside a strong force again and now that I’ve come to terms with this whole ‘undead’ buisness, maybe start my life again and have some companions to share that fighting with.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.

Scouting for a couple of years over on the other side, before I got stuck through in an ambush. Also my dueling days. Beyond that, just been fighting the good fight for Lady Sylvanis since then.

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?

Friends, every time. Else, who you going to share the glory with if the capital city is held? Ain’t much use in having a big city if you’ve got no one to enjoy it with? I was never one to leave a man behind and would feel it was my single responsibility to save those guys where as its LOTS of the hordes responsibility to save the Under City. Not a real hard one for me.

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.

There’s always a chain of command and I can normally be found at the bottom of it, doing as I am told. *Salutes*

Last edited by Velose on 1/5/2012, 23:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue   Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue Empty1/5/2012, 23:36

I like it!
Back to top Go down
-Catari
Admin
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue   Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue Empty2/5/2012, 00:46

Contact an officer ingame for an interview please Smile
Back to top Go down
Himo
Chieftain
Himo

PostSubject: Re: Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue   Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue Empty2/5/2012, 19:47

interviewed and accepted, welcome to the marauders! *slaps hammer ensignia down on the form and passes it on to Grim*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue   Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue Empty

Back to top Go down

Velose 'Roach' Ethinn, Forsaken Rogue
Page 1 of 1