The Shatterskull Marauders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Shatterskull Marauders, a World of Warcraft guild residing on the Argent Dawn server.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodbrodd

Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar Empty
PostSubject: Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar   Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar Empty15/3/2012, 20:01

1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I've been RPing a significant amount of time in WoW Classic and TBC. After I rejoined during patch 4.2, I was mainly focusing on ruining Alliance RP by raiding Goldshire but I have also been looking for an opportunity to pick up Horde RP again. I have my fair share of experience, but however says, he reached his full potential, is just plain wrong.

2) Why do you want to join us?
I've stumbled across your recruitment post and I had a nice chat with the guild leader, so I have a good feeling about it.

3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Can be anything, really. It's called fantasy for a reason.. within reason, obviously. In my opinion it should be lore friendly to some degree and not necessarily offensive towards others. After that, it's all good.

4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Imagination and the skill to see it through and restart every day, once you've gotten a new idea.

5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I have a lot of experience, but lack the proper gear. I am mainly focusing on soloing content. I am currently working on a new spec, created by me, and trying it out before I post it. I push the hunter to the limit.

6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I am your main man in PvP! Show me a target and see it getting shredded to pieces, enough said.

IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character

Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!

General Questions

1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Hello, mon. My name be Hodbrodd. Tis 'ere is Grimnar. *point towards his companion wolf* and we both like strong mead! I am a Troll, but not da kind o' Troll ya think me to be. I be commin' from da north.. far north. I'm an Icetroll! Howeva, I've left ma homeland in da north long ago on da looks for adventures and to escape from da Scourge, dem mean buggers. I have not spend much time with da Darkspear Trolls, never been one for tribal life. It is da thrill of da hunt that is strirrin' me. Dat feelin' you be gettin' from stalkin' your target, plannin' ya assault until that final moment, that is gonna wrap it all up. Eva since I discovered dem Alliance buggers, I knew dem to be trouble. They are no friends to me 'n' Grimnar, so we kill em good. They break so easy and taste real good, especially dem little buggers, Gnomes they call 'em. If ya only knew da adventures I had and da thing I have seen.. I could be talkin' da whole day about it all, but there is no time, mon, da Wild Hunt awaits!

2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I be the main stalker. No rogue buggers will eva find me first. I have da mastery of dem beast, my only true friends. As for da fight? I love da thrill of it. Once you get me started, you will regret tryin' to stop me, mon. I be strikin where you be least expectin' it, from all sides, and yet from none. But I must be aware, one mistake and da hunter becomes da hunted, dat is da way of nature.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
As I have been tellin' ya, me and Grimnar are from da continent far to da north. It used to be da home of may Icetrolls, such as myself. They were mainly workin' as dem mercenaries. Waste o' time if you ask me, mon. Da hunt ain't about da money, it ain't about revenge or any form of misguided self righteousness. It is all about da Thrill, about da bloodshed, about da price. There is no motive to hunt, but da sport itself. Dis is what a hunter must understand before he can become one. As for myself, I never followed any agenda or ideology, I have been living ma life and the thing I treasure da most: freedom. Anyone be tryin' to take it will be endin' up on ma wall, stuffed to perfection. I am only not a bad tinkerer, especially that gnomish stuff. Dem buggers are damn clever, and damn tasty. There is no place I have no seen and there is no thing I have no done. If you wish to use my knowledge of da nature, ask away, just don't ya take too long, mon.

4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I be unpredictable. People have often said dat. I control da fight, if ya like it or not. I dictate da rules of engagement, not you. Me and me companions fight as one massive massive force. It can be one, it can be a hundred, eventually they all fall. Tryin' to shut down one o' us, will result in ya death by the other.I have found myself very good at killin' dem key targets and takin' dem key locations, even better than dem sneaky buggers. But da most important thing is, I survive to tell da tale, and lemme tell ya, I've got a lot to tell ya.

5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I do not run from da fight, mon. I delay it, to strike another time. It is to die or to evolve, I choose to evolve. But if someone is left behind, especially me friends like Grimnar, it will a bloodbath to remember.. until da hunter becomes da prey.

6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I've seen it all, I've done it all. I know da hunt and da beasts better than anyone ya care to name. I know da rules, I've writen em in the blood of my enemies. Many berserkers just rush in da fight, but I know better. I think, I plan, I prepare. You be findin' me a little bit more prepared than your average brawler. This is why I survive. And one day, I be known as da great Stalker. You can be a part of it, or a part of da bodies I leave behind.

7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I've heard of ya taste of Gnome flesh. I like this sort of band, lots or gnomes, beer and huntin'. Tis always nice to have some others at ya side from time to time to have a strong drink while raidin' da nearing Gnome-hold. Do I need a reason to have some fun? Besides, at least you be havin' one with da strategy for da right time.

8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I have explored da whole world, mon. I've seen it, I've done it. I cannot quite consider myself a gladiator, but I certainly have da skills to kill one. I've been doin' things with ma companions, most cannot do in groups. But there is always room for more. One who says to have reached the top is soon to die by those who wish to succeed him. Dat is da way of motha nature. Love ya, mom.

Moral Question

9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.

Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.

Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.

Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
Dat be a tricky question. I must assess da situation. I can track da camp very easily. Da few guards will be not suspectin' me. Gettin' dem people out would be an easy task. However, they are weak for gettin' caught. And in natures law, there be no second chance. I could also be makin' ma way to da enemy front and spread chaos and eventually take da leader out of his misery. It mostly depends on how clos friends they are and how useful they be to liberating da city. It is da feelin' of me instinct I be following, not a moral code. If both ways do not seem advantageous or could mean da death of me, it would be unwise to strike. One must wait for da opportune moment to win da battle. It is now about endin' da battle right, not about endin' it now. Howeva, if it be Grimnar or another of mine companions they be gettin', then da city and any other person loses all the value. Afterall, all we need is each other, and the wild. The Alliance may be threatening da city, but they will never be threatening ma freedom.

And Finally

10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I do not care about da hierarchy, but I be respectin' da next man on the condition that he be respectin' me. I'm mostly self sufficient and do not need much help, but I'd be willin' to provide it from time to time. It is either da mutual advantage we can benefit both from, or they be gettin' nothin'. After all, all I need is me companions and da wide world to continue da hunt. You give me da hunt, I give ya the respect ya deserve.

I be hopin' to hear from ya soon, mon. Me 'n' Grimnar say goodbye for now. But remember I be watchin' ya, either to have a cup of strong mead, or to have ya head on me wall, ya never know.
Back to top Go down
Sakarah
Admin
Sakarah

PostSubject: Re: Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar   Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar Empty15/3/2012, 20:25

Thanks for your detailed application. Feel free to whisper an officer.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Warcaller
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar   Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar Empty16/3/2012, 08:56

Invited (by Catari). Welcome to the warband.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar   Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar Empty

Back to top Go down

Hodbrodd 'n' Grimnar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shatterskull Marauders :: Public Forums :: Applications-
Jump to: